Tire pressure gauge

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

FLpathFinder

Tire pressure gauge

Postby FLpathFinder » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:08 am

This morning I got into my pathfinder and noticed the tire pressure light on. Kind of odd because when at it on my screen, all the tires were at 27 psi. After driving to work they are up to 30. Normally my Tires are at 35 psi, just seemed odd that all 4 were low. It's not temperature because I live in Florida, and all look normal, no bulging. Does the sensor just get weird sometimes? Anyone else experience this?

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:49 am

aliens, that's why. 8)

or someone stole your air, like how people will steal gas. :P

really i have no idea. i do know that my nissan tpms sensors read one pressure, while the aftermarket one from discount tire that's in my spare reads +2-3psi higher than the nissan ones.

FLpathFinder

Postby FLpathFinder » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:40 am

I had a feeling it was aliens, things like that only happen when you wake up at 5 AM

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:54 am

Usually tire pressure will increase up to 4 psi after being driven (compared to the measured cold tire pressure), so the 3 psi change would be normal. The TPMS light will illuminate at around 26 psi, so that's normal, as well. The question is did you check the actual tire pressures with a pressure gauge and compare them to the what the reading was on your tire pressure monitor screen?

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”