Replacing Spare Tire Assembly

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

jlwardn

Replacing Spare Tire Assembly

Postby jlwardn » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:56 pm

I had my spare tire stolen and now have to replace not only the tire/wheel but also the entire assembly. Crawling under the pathfinder looks like the bolts are above the frame crossmember and below the body. How the heck can this be replaced?
Anyone do it before? The bastards cut the chain and it can't be rebuilt.

CPLTECH

Postby CPLTECH » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:20 pm

n/m
Last edited by CPLTECH on Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jlwardn

Postby jlwardn » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:07 pm

Thanks for the link but that really does not go into detail about the actual replacing of the cranking assembly. Search results did not find anything relevant either. I am not looking for a way to make sure it does not get stolen again. I am looking for the way to replace the cranking mechanism. Bolts are in an impossible place to get out.

staynlean

Postby staynlean » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:42 pm

jlwardn wrote:Thanks for the link but that really does not go into detail about the actual replacing of the cranking assembly. Search results did not find anything relevant either. I am not looking for a way to make sure it does not get stolen again. I am looking for the way to replace the cranking mechanism. Bolts are in an impossible place to get out.
I hate it when people are quick to post links like that, what you need to do is replace the cranking unit as you have described.

Now, from what i can remember (and this was a while ago) you are going to have to dis assemble the rear interior of the path, the bolts are there on the floor panel if i remember correctly. This involves taking rear seats out jack cover panel out, plastic jack holder out (which involves taking the 2 side trim panels off) then going from there.

Hope this helps, links suck.

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”