Transmission software update

The new gas engine 3.5L v6, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

MallFinder

Transmission software update

Postby MallFinder » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:52 pm

I read in another Pathfinder forum about a recall to updated the transmission software to cure a stutter around 40mph. Anyone hear this or have it done? I want to be armed with all the info before I go to the dealer to tell them how to look for the update in the Nissan system.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:57 pm

If it's an actual recall or campaign (as opposed to a TSB), all they will need to do is look for open campaigns/recalls on the computer at the service desk and it will tell them if there are any available for your vehicle. You can also check with the Nissan Customer Service Hotline @ 1-800-NISSAN-1.

MallFinder

Postby MallFinder » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:44 am

I found out it's CS197. The dealer didn't even know about it, I had to nudge them along to keep looking. Finally they found it. Haven't had time to have it done yet, so I don't know what the change will feel like.

tlee_20

Postby tlee_20 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:44 pm

You need to have this done. It may not be noticeable today but the fix could prevent a failure in the future.

tiffany

Postby tiffany » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:57 pm

I believe this is what's happening with my pathfinder. It's a 2013 platinum that we purchased earlier this month and over the last few days I've been noticing a stutter in the 30-40mph range. I've printed out this bit and will take it with me to my appt.

Hayseed_40

Postby Hayseed_40 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:10 pm

Just rec'd my official service campaign notice today.

Gratefuldriver

Transmission Update

Postby Gratefuldriver » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:26 am

tlee_20 wrote:You need to have this done. It may not be noticeable today but the fix could prevent a failure in the future.
I called the local dealer as well as Nissan national and both told me the Transmission update did not apply to my 2013 Pathfinder VIN unless notified.

Gratefuldriver

Transmission Update

Postby Gratefuldriver » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:26 am

tlee_20 wrote:You need to have this done. It may not be noticeable today but the fix could prevent a failure in the future.
I called the local dealer as well as Nissan national and both told me the Transmission update did not apply to my 2013 Pathfinder VIN unless notified.

AtlantaX

Re: Transmission software update

Postby AtlantaX » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:20 am

MallFinder wrote:I read in another Pathfinder forum about a recall to updated the transmission software to cure a stutter around 40mph. Anyone hear this or have it done? I want to be armed with all the info before I go to the dealer to tell them how to look for the update in the Nissan system.
The studder problem impacted my pathfinder badly and the correction performed via the reprogramming of the CVT worked like a champ. No more chain slippage.

ViniVidiVici

transmission software update

Postby ViniVidiVici » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:06 am

If anyone notices this problem with their Pathfinder, I would get to the dealer to get the update done asap. My 2013 Pathfinder had the occasional shudder and we were going to ask them about it during our first oil change. 5 days before the first oil change the occasional shudder became a constant shudder. Now they have to replace the transmission with only 3000 miles on it. We never received any kind of recall notice about the software update and when I brought it to the dealer it was the first time I had heard about it.

3Nissan

Shudder in the tranny

Postby 3Nissan » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:50 am

I just bought my 2013 SL Premium last month...noticed a shudder twice. Suddenly it's doing it more often...started looking online to see if others were having this problem and found this thread. I called the dealer and am taking it in tonight. They told me they'll fix the airbag recall but they don't see a recall for the transmission but would look at it. Can anyone give me advice on how to get this SERIOUSLY looked at? I'm sure I'll get the ever popular "We can't recreate the issue". I had a 2010 Murano that never had a problem so it's not that I haven't had CVT before. I mentioned CS197 that was mentioned earlier and they had no idea what I was talking about.

sstarrx3

Re: Shudder in the tranny

Postby sstarrx3 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:14 am

3Nissan wrote:I just bought my 2013 SL Premium last month...noticed a shudder twice. Suddenly it's doing it more often...started looking online to see if others were having this problem and found this thread. I called the dealer and am taking it in tonight. They told me they'll fix the airbag recall but they don't see a recall for the transmission but would look at it. Can anyone give me advice on how to get this SERIOUSLY looked at? I'm sure I'll get the ever popular "We can't recreate the issue". I had a 2010 Murano that never had a problem so it's not that I haven't had CVT before. I mentioned CS197 that was mentioned earlier and they had no idea what I was talking about.
Did you happen to check your door jam and see what the build date is on your PF?

3Nissan

Postby 3Nissan » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:47 pm

I just looked...I only see tire info there.

The update on this issue is the dealer felt the shudder (Yay for me) and did the reprogramming to the cvt. But...this did not fix the issue. Dealer told me that Nissan is aware of the problem but doesn't know how to fix it and I need to "wait for Nissan/dealer to contact me with the fix". Hmph. They also told me it was safe to drive. Should I be starting the Lemon Law paperwork?

sstarrx3

Postby sstarrx3 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:59 pm

3Nissan wrote:I just looked...I only see tire info there.

The update on this issue is the dealer felt the shudder (Yay for me) and did the reprogramming to the cvt. But...this did not fix the issue. Dealer told me that Nissan is aware of the problem but doesn't know how to fix it and I need to "wait for Nissan/dealer to contact me with the fix". Hmph. They also told me it was safe to drive. Should I be starting the Lemon Law paperwork?
Maybe, I believe you have to take it in 3 times for the same issue. Take it to another dealership if one is close by that way you can say more than one person could not fix it:)

Hayseed_40

Postby Hayseed_40 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:32 pm

After a several dealer visits of "that is normal for a CVT" they are replacing the entire transmission under warranty.

Return to “R52 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”