The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
TPMS!!!!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eieio
Sponsored Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLiPMaRC wrote:
eieio wrote:
FLiPMaRC wrote:
As I stated in the other TPMS thread, my dealer told me that 3 out of 4 of my sensors had problems codes. All they did was "reset" them and told me to keep and eye on them Rolling Eyes

I've only had my Pathy around 1.5 years. Are these TPMS sensors covered under warranty?

should be (if defective), for 3yrs/36,000 miles
https://owners.nissanusa.com/content/techpub/warranty/2010_N_WIB.pdf
did they charge you for re-setting them?
has it been a problem since?

No they didn't charge me for the reset. I was there for an oil change and tire rotation service ($20 Laughing ).

if it's within the warranty period, i'd have them fix it
FLiPMaRC wrote:
[Yes, the problem still persists on the 3 sensors. The service manager said it may have something to do with radio frequencies. That some areas will interfere with the sensors. Anyone heard this before, or is it just BS Laughing

yeah, right, or maybe the Van Allen Radiation Belt Rolling Eyes

"I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"
eieio
Sponsored Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disallow wrote:
eieio wrote:
disallow wrote:
avoid the dealer. Go to a reputable tire shop, and they will set you straight.

I took mine to costco. They were great.

good to know Smile
I trust Costco big time
what TPMS problem did you have, and what was Costco able to do for you?

My tires were all leaking due to a shady install I had done at a non-Costco shop. I was up front with the guy, and even though their policy is not to work on 'non-costco' tires, I could show I'd bought tires from them before. Normally flat repairs and rotations are free as long as you've bought the tires from them. When they dismounted the tires to fix the leak (the rims and valve stems were leaking like crazy), he told me there was a risk of damaging the TPMS sensors, especially since it looked like the hex on one of the valves stems was rounded off (due to the previous poor installation at 'Joe's tire service'. What was I thinking?!?).

He managed to salvage 3 of the 4 sensors, but one they basically had to destroy to get it off. I was waiting for the bad news, as most tire shops I've been to really stick it to you on the sensors. He came back and said $40 for the sensor. I got out of there for $75 inc taxes, and my tires are now perfect. And I watched them do the work, they really took care and did a good job.

Lessons learned:

1. Don't go to 'Joe's tire shop' when you want something fixed on your tires.
2. Costco isn't trying to make money off of their service, they just want to sell tires.

t

Costco Rocks! Very Happy

"I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"
allisojh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, its no longer a sensor issue.

Sensors all transmitting.

When the mechanic reset all of the sensors, they showed 35psi and transmitting and the vehicle's computer accepted the program and the TPMS light turned off.

The mechanic said the way the system works is the computer rakes a reading every 10-15 minutes so IF the light flashes at 10-15 minutes its a computer issue.

He said then it was a dealer issue.

He then confirmed what I told him by saying, I am not taking it to the dealer and being ripped off for 200+ to stop a light from flashing. I'll go back to the black tape.

Anyway... the story ends yet continues.
FLiPMaRC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just an observation. Nothing scientific about it Laughing

Does any one else use the bottom Accessory Outlet near the glove box, the bottom one that's always on even if you turn off the truck? The "hot plug."

I noticed that every time my TPMS light goes on, my keyless entry remote also stops working. I have to press the remote button numerous times and be right next to the truck for me to lock/unlock.

About a month ago, I noticed I left my cellphone charger plugged in the Hot Plug. I don't know how I came to the conclusion that it might have affected the TPMS and the remote, but I decided to do an experiment. Since then I stopped using the hot plug and just used the top accessory plug to charge my cellphone. And since then, I haven't had the TPMS and keyless remote problem.

I'll report back after a while longer, to see if I'm still having problems. Laughing
RCAPathfinder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I use that plug too
2008 Pathfinder. 3"suspension lift and 3" body lift on 265/70/17 Goodyear duratracs. Linexed grille, running boards. Skid Row and AO Tech skid plates. Plasti-dip hood, rims and rocker panel. Throttle body spacer and Airaid cold air intake. Air Lift 1000 @19 psi.
disallow
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always have something plugged into both plugs, I never have an issue with TPMS.

'05 Pathfinder SE Premium 4x4 - 315000kms (195000mi) - weekend warrior, Cortex Superchips on 87 Octane Tune, K&N filtercharger, Airlift 1000, Prodigy Brake controller, 7 pin trailer hookup, Prostart Remote Starter, Bilstein 4600 rear shocks, Cooper Discoverer ATw P265/70/16
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: