And there she goes!! 2007 tranny at 70k...

Discussion topics related to the radiator and transmission failures in all Nissan trucks, education of the public on this issue, and attempts to force Nissan to start a recall.

Moderator: volvite

gond34

And there she goes!! 2007 tranny at 70k...

Postby gond34 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:35 am

Well, it's finally happened... Woke up yesterday morning and fired up the Pathy on a chilly IL morning and started heading around town running errands. After about 20 minutes, I realized that the truck was just blowing cold air and not heating up....Finished up my errands, got her home, let her cool down, then started sniffing around under the hood. Popped the coolant reservoir cap and found the reservoir nearly empty. Hmmmm... Where could all the coolant have gone? Yep, popped the radiator cap and I've got the beginnings of a strawberry milkshake! While this would make most people upset, I've been waiting for it as I'm only at 70k with another 10k and a year left on my CPO warranty...looks like it's gonna be Nissan's problem!

Sooo.... with that being said, should I take it into the dealership BEFORE the tranny actually goes, or just drive it until it finally takes a crap? I've got the "luxury" of being able to only drive it around town until it does fail, but am just curious as to what you guys think....

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:37 pm

I'd take it in now. You know it's only a matter of time, but I'm not sure what would happen if the tranny just finally craps out while you driving. Hate for it to cause an accident.

gond34

Postby gond34 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:07 am

You're probably right, I'm just a little worried about the dealership swapping out the radiator, but just flushing the tranny and saying it's good. Once the fluid transfer happens, the damage is already done; no going back.

gond34

Postby gond34 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:18 am

Finally broke down and took the truck in last Thursday and the dealership confirmed the leak. I was absolutely SHOCKED at how supportive they were... Without even digging into the transmission they said they were going to replace the radiator and the transmission. When I asked if it would be a rebuilt transmission, he stated that it is against their dealership's policy to install a rebuilt transmission as a result of this defect and assured me that it would be new. After that, he tossed me the keys to a new Rogue SL AWD (only 830 miles on it) and said it was mine until the repairs were done, just bring it back with as much gas as was in it when I got it. I was once again shocked when they called yesterday (just 5 days later which included one day they were closed due to snow) and said that the truck was ready to go.

Now I'm left with another dilemma... I don't want to give the Rogue back!!! After seeing how well it handled 8 1/2 inches of snow and seeing the gas mileage, I kinda like the little "puddle jumper"!

Kudos to Uftring Nissan of Peoria!!!

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:42 pm

auto manufactures do not do new automatic transmissions after the vehicle leaves assembly line. it will be rebuilt by nissan transmission of course. there is really no way around. they only make enough for the producton run of the vehicle. it's just as good as new.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:53 pm

Nice to hear that the dealership took such good care of you. Hard to find places like that anymore that will be so caring for the customer. Glad you got your pathfinder back so quick. Once you start driving that again, you won't want the Rogue anymore.

Return to “Nissan Transmission FAIL”