Smartkey and bluetooth questions

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

Homer J

Postby Homer J » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:44 am

Found something I didn't know I had. If I push and hold the unlock button on the key fob, the front windows will roll down.

Who knew?

MLEACH87

Postby MLEACH87 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:59 am

You can go to practically any car tint/stereo/accessory store and they can program a remote start on your oem key fob. The remote start has never been oem on any nissan until the 13 altima. As for the tow hook, oddly they were not optional on the LE. It was standard on the SE and SE OFFROAD.

[/quote]

MLEACH87

Postby MLEACH87 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:08 am

When I bought mine, the car salesman didn't even know. I showed him how it worked. Salesman for the most part are idiots. They know just enough to sucker in the weak.
Volvite...YOU ARE SO SMART!!! Actually, you are a douche. You probably figured it out by accident. It was not a factory option on the vehicle and there is no blatant indicators it was installed. The salesman did his job and now you blast him (salespeople in general) on a forum... Grow up.

71olds

Postby 71olds » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:02 pm

volvite wrote:Mine is an 08 with the Bluetooth and smartkey. I do have remote start. Push the lock button on my key fob twice and it starts up. Once I enter the vehicle, I then have to turn the key to the acc position and then it will allow me to put the vehicle in gear. If I don't have the key it won't turn to acc and if you touch the brake without turning the key, it will automatically shut down the car. LOVE IT. Works great in the summer and winter to cool or heat the car up some prior to my entry. 08 V8 LE For the WIN. :D
I have a 2010 SE V6 my remote start works the same way. I do not think it is factory as I have a sensor in the left upper corner on my windshield for it. Was a nice bonus I found when I left the steelership after buying her unlocked the truck twice & it started.

Anyway one thing I did find about the smart key is that if I leave my keys in the truck overnight (I almost never take my keys out of my cars) & the temps drop below about 10 my smart key will not work & I have to remove the manual key & use that. Once the fob warms up it works fine again. So now I bring my keys inside with me

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:47 pm

MLEACH87 wrote:
When I bought mine, the car salesman didn't even know. I showed him how it worked. Salesman for the most part are idiots. They know just enough to sucker in the weak.
Volvite...YOU ARE SO SMART!!! Actually, you are a douche. You probably figured it out by accident. It was not a factory option on the vehicle and there is no blatant indicators it was installed. The salesman did his job and now you blast him (salespeople in general) on a forum... Grow up.
Hey thanks for the comment. However unless you were here at the time of sale, I don't think you have any room to comment on my buying experience.

All the information about my vehicle was posted online via the dealerships website including the "REMOTE START" and the CPO. I was purchasing the vehicle from out of state, so when I arrived and was going through the process, the salesman didn't know anything about my Pathfinder except the price he and the dealership wanted to sell it to me. They tried to sell it to me as not a Nissan CPO, but I showed him the Nissan website and their own website that showed the vehicle for sale as a Nissan CPO. I also had to show him how the remote start worked as again, he knew nothing but the sales price.

MLEACH87 so check yourself and your facts before you try and start calling someone else out!

Cr@2y Gr33k

Postby Cr@2y Gr33k » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:46 am

I recently upgraded from an 08 Pathfinder S to an 11 Pathfinder LE. I found it on autotrader.com too. If you put in the search criteria you can found what you are looking for. I had to go a little out of my way to buy my 11, but it was totally worth the drive to get it. The Bluetooth control is pretty intuitive. The system actually helps you, or you can always refer to the owners manual on how to use the Bluetooth with the Pathfinder.

Return to “R51 General Chat”