power sources needed

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

firecaptain

power sources needed

Postby firecaptain » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:25 pm

I have a mirror from a Titan that I put into a Quest, then a Juke and now - I would like to use it in the Pathfinder. The reason I keep the mirror is because it has the homelink built into it. Very handy.

I need a constant 12+ source, an ignition switched 12+ source and a ground. The ground I can get easily. Short of tearing the entire dash apart and wiring to the 2 power ports, are there any easier 12V wires to splice in to? Preferably around the headliner area? Our Path doesn't have a sunroof.

Thanks!

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:32 pm

Have any dome lights?

pyrophilus

Re: power sources needed

Postby pyrophilus » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:02 am

I know this is an old post, but I thought I'd chime in for anyone else having same question.

I have had sunroofs on all of my pathfinders, but...
Someone correct me if I am wrong, ALL R50's (1996-2004) have had an overhead console with map lights even if you don't opt for the sunroof.

I am pretty sure that the map lights were NOT switched with ignition, so there is your constant 12V+ right there.

For my Gentex mirror install on my '96 and '01, I spliced into 12V+ for sunroof for the switched 12V, but.

In my other nissans WITHOUT sunroofs, I just pulled the Driver's side A-pillar finisher (you don't even need a trim tool, just grab carefully and pull).

I used a wire hanger with electrical tape taped to end (to prevent scratches), and ran it to the fusebox, where I used a fusetap from radioshack to tap into a switched fuse.

If you want a cleaner-looking install, you can always go behind the fusebox and splice into a wire.

Remember to tap into the line BEFORE the fuse in the fusebox, and just put your own fuse on the line to the mirror.
firecaptain wrote:I have a mirror from a Titan that I put into a Quest, then a Juke and now - I would like to use it in the Pathfinder. The reason I keep the mirror is because it has the homelink built into it. Very handy.

I need a constant 12+ source, an ignition switched 12+ source and a ground. The ground I can get easily. Short of tearing the entire dash apart and wiring to the 2 power ports, are there any easier 12V wires to splice in to? Preferably around the headliner area? Our Path doesn't have a sunroof.

Thanks!

Return to “R52 Electrical”