Well, it happened...

Discussion topics related to the radiator and transmission failures in all Nissan trucks, education of the public on this issue, and attempts to force Nissan to start a recall.

Moderator: volvite

gear1975

Well, it happened...

Postby gear1975 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:07 am

Hi guys,

I have a 2006 Pathfinder S 4x4. I bought it about 18 months ago, with about 72,000 km on it. Low kms, great shape, good price.

Once I got it, I was so happy. It had the room I needed for my growing family, and pulled my boat great.

At about 116,000 km (a few weeks ago), it started shifting roughly. I thought not too much of it. Boy, was I wrong...

Last week, I lost power while driving, engine surging, and temp gauge shoots up. I pull over, steam everywhere, and the infamous milky goo spilling out the bottom. Get it towed to my local garage...

He confirms that the coolant / trans fluid mix occurred, and estimates a $4000-$4500 repair for rad replacement, trans re-build, etc... (you all know about it).

I look around the forum here, and discover that there was an extended warranty issued. I thought, there's no way that this covers my old 2006, as I'm likely the 3rd owner. I call a local Nissan dealer, and the service manager is a total douche. Won't give me any info, not familiar with any extended warranty, won't give me any info on the phone, etc...

I then call another local Nissan Dealer, and this service manager Tom amazing. He asks all the right questions, etc. Long (ish) story short, he arranges for warranty coverage, and I now have a new rad, new trans, and all the other parts / labour covered.

I picked it up yesterday, and saw the warranty invoice.... $5,865!! My cost... $0.00.

Needless to say, I was super happy. Pathfinder is running great now, and all is good.

Just thought to share this experience, to let others know that if you encounter this issue, press hard on the service managers to see if your truck is covered, even though you're not the original owner, etc... You may be pleasantly surprised. I sure was!

HUGE Thanks to Tom at Vickar Nissan here in Winnipeg, Canada. You guys rock!

Return to “Nissan Transmission FAIL”