Anyone got suggestion for replacement PCM/ECU ?....

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

NoVA Nissan guy

Anyone got suggestion for replacement PCM/ECU ?....

Postby NoVA Nissan guy » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:18 pm

Fell victim to the * No Start club :/
Just other day It
Ran perfect until a 70 mile trip when I ran gas tank to warning light :/ {I know! awful move} but I filled up and headed on my way when after 60 miles of problem free highway driving. I got off highway and stalled out on off ramp :( ... It would start right up but had to give throttle to avoid stalling.... Long story short....drove another 70 miles next day only to have it die out completely on another off ramp . That was the end. After repeated attempts to start it, I smelled burning plastic :( The PCM I assume.... But towed it, and A Mechanic claims coolant is leaking into throttle body which some how shorted the IACV, which blew fuses, only to burn up the PCM . Sound plausible?... He quoted $2,000+and 5-7days for parts :/ ARGHHH!!! ...but just curious WHERE a dependable PCM can be acquired ...eBay offers FIXES* ...but heard to avoid FIXIng..and Replace. Any pointers? :|. Thanks pathfinder peeps!

NoVA Nissan guy

Postby NoVA Nissan guy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:17 pm

Don't have any local junkyards nearby....or time to get to one :p. Didn't know if ANYONE had some directional advice to suggest..... Any help appreciated.

Hooligan

Postby Hooligan » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:05 pm

I never had to change the computer in my pathfinder but, I did buy one of the Ebay rebuilt units for my Dodge Ram and had no problems. The company I bought from offered a lifetime warrantee. Nice thing about Ebay is that you can check the feedback to see how long they have been in business and if there have been any problems. Look for a large number of feedbacks. A small number would indicate they haven't been in business very long or they recently changed their name. Shipping is pretty quick and they send a pre-paid shipping label for you to send your old one back to them. Good luck.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:48 pm

The IACV/PCM burnout issue is common and happens a lot on Maximas, as well. There are companies that can repair your ECM if you search online. Circuit Board Medics is one that comes to mind.

NoVA Nissan guy

Postby NoVA Nissan guy » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:09 pm

Appears that is So :p ... Damn,was hopin 'was something simpler ....Pathys still out of commision! :/ . But in hopes Trying to avoid the dealership ($$$+more$$ is what I'm hearing) till I need to "flash" it (PCM) but not having good luck nor good thoughts on my search for a replacement PCM.. Unsure of the eBay specials that seem to be only ones I can find... And not sure what the listed #s need to be to be compatible :x ...

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”