Going to S. Dakota, Wyoming, Utah (oh yeah!) & Colorado

Life on the road is what automobiles were made for, share your road trip stories and pictures here.

Moderator: volvite

Krafty

Postby Krafty » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:44 pm

I feel for ya on the Air Lift deal! Sounds painful and that can really throw a wrench into your vacation. Just curious- how much does your Roo setup weigh in at? With all your gear, you gotta be runnin pretty heavy! Good testament to the Pathy.
Good luck on your trip home!

pdslug

Postby pdslug » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:09 pm

Sounds like you had a challenging, but fun trip. Pics are great - looks like you went about everywhere. I will post some pics of my colorado trip soon.

Tillyboat

Postby Tillyboat » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:35 pm

Sounds like a pretty good, long trip. I was in and around Rapid City, SD around the time you were(July1-5). I have a trailer approximately the same size and was at the Rapid City, KOA. Spend five days in that area, checking things out, sightseeing, etc. I was a good thing the trailer has a/c, it was hot and muggy.

I went west from there into MN, then back up to Canada. It wasn't as long of a trip as I would have liked, but it was good. It pulled pretty steady, and was powerfull enough to pass GMs, and other midsize SUV's stuggling to pull theirs. It's just too bad the gas tank doesn't hold very much fuel. The gas in the U.S. is cheap compared to was it is up here in Canada. Anyways, I liked the 4.00 a gallon price. Up here, with the conversion, gas is like 5.29 a gallon(around 1.40 a litre up here).

Have a good day everyone. Peace.

Return to “Roaaad Trip!!!”