The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Central Tire Pressure Sensor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saopm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:00 am    Post subject: Central Tire Pressure Sensor Reply with quote

Where is the Central Tire Pressure Sensor on the 2008 Pathfinder? I need to see if it is unplugged or if I need to replace it. Iíve had all tire sensors checked and they register fine with the test equipment, so the problem seems to be on the other end. Also all tires on the display ready ***. Photos would be greatly appreciated since I have no idea where the Central Sensor is or what it looks like.

-Tim
lebanesepathy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they need reprograming have you made sure of that ?
saopm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I had all four tire sensors checked out and they are transmitting. The problem is that the signal is not being picked up by the receiver in the car. If possible I would like to physically check it, but first I need to know where it is and what it looks like.
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no central tire sensor. You have four individual tire sensors and the remote keyless entry receiver, which reads the signal from each of the TPMS sensors and relays the information to the BCM (body control module), which controls the TPMS warning lamp. A reading of "***" means usually means the TPMS sensors are not properly registered. This involves using a trigger tool and a scantool capable of accessing the BCM. The old sensors must be erased and then the ID registration process can begin. If any of the sensors are not transmitting (and I have seen this occur on new sensors), the ID registration process will not complete.
2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes, Magnaflow 12580 muffler, aFe Momentum GT CAI w/ dry filter, XTP plenum spacer, Superchips Flashpaq tuner
DanJetta

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably have to get the dealer to reprogram them. I had some TPM sensors replaced by Firestone and they couldn't get them to read. Had to take it to the dealer to reprogram.
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many tire shops and independents can do this. I did my own using a Kent-Moore trigger tool and an X431 scan tool.
2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes, Magnaflow 12580 muffler, aFe Momentum GT CAI w/ dry filter, XTP plenum spacer, Superchips Flashpaq tuner
saopm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smj999smj wrote:
There is no central tire sensor. You have four individual tire sensors and the remote keyless entry receiver, which reads the signal from each of the TPMS sensors and relays the information to the BCM (body control module), which controls the TPMS warning lamp. A reading of "***" means usually means the TPMS sensors are not properly registered. This involves using a trigger tool and a scantool capable of accessing the BCM. The old sensors must be erased and then the ID registration process can begin. If any of the sensors are not transmitting (and I have seen this occur on new sensors), the ID registration process will not complete.

It all started with a bad tire sensor of which I had the dealer replace at about 200+ bucks. About a month later the light came on again and it seems I lost another sensor. Time goes buy and I had the battery replaced at Sears. While I was there I had them rescan the sensors. They said all are working correctly and the problem was on the receiving end in the car since the car was not accepting the sensor codes. I may have to try the dealer again, but as fun as that sounds I may just live with the light on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 General Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: