Fuel Economy and Power Tuners

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

rc_cola

Fuel Economy and Power Tuners

Postby rc_cola » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:46 am

Hi Everyone!

This is my first post.....I just bought my first Nissan. It is a 2000 Pathfinder SE.

I do 95% of my driving to and from work, about 50km a day on rural roads. The remaining 5% is up and down steep logging roads. I'd like to do all I can to improve my fuel economy as much as possible to save money. As such, I'm not too worried about losing power for the 95% of driving I do, but would like to have it there if and when it is needed.

A friend recommended I look at getting a Power-Tuner, such as those from 'SuperChips' or 'JET', but I don't know much about them or if any of them will work on my 2000 Pathfinder at all.

Can someone give me the low-down and some advice?

Cheers!

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:22 pm

I don't know of any Pathfinders that are particularly good on gas mileage. Keeping your tires properly inflated, your engine properly tuned up and, most important, a light foot on the throttle are the best and cheapest ways to maximize mileage. I don't believe there is much available that is worth the money for the VG engines. Avoid the inexpensive tuning chips/resistors that make a world of promises for less than $100. All they do is give an improper air temp sensor reading to trick the computer, which still has little or not affect on performance or gas mileage.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”