The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Water Leak Through the Rear Hatch Window (Brakelight Area)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AtlantaRuffian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Water Leak Through the Rear Hatch Window (Brakelight Area) Reply with quote

(2012 SV) If my truck's exposed to rain for a fairly extended period of time (3hrs+), a small amount of water leaks into and runs down the inside of the rear hatch window. It it's coming from the brake light housing but I couldn't say if that's the definite origin. It's happened since I bought it brand new in Oct 2012 and I took it to be repaired under warranty and they said "could not replicate" and the warranty's since ran up and I'd like to fix it myself if possible. Any suggestions?
eieio
Sponsored Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Water Leak Through the Rear Hatch Window (Brakelight Are Reply with quote

AtlantaRuffian wrote:
(2012 SV) If my truck's exposed to rain for a fairly extended period of time (3hrs+), a small amount of water leaks into and runs down the inside of the rear hatch window. It it's coming from the brake light housing but I couldn't say if that's the definite origin. It's happened since I bought it brand new in Oct 2012 and I took it to be repaired under warranty and they said "could not replicate" and the warranty's since ran up and I'd like to fix it myself if possible. Any suggestions?

my suggestion:
1) find the leak that the dealership neglected to find (spray bottle of water or hose)
2)document results by photo or video
3) bring truck with receipt from last complaint about the leak, to dealership
4) present truck & documentation to service manager
5) have them repair it under warranty

"I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"
leadpig

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not the first to have this issue.

http://thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=313&highlight=

My leak is just to the passenger side of the brake light and it seems to be the same spot every time. Barely a dribble, but enough to irritate and worth asking about before you run out of warranty. I'm now on my third gasket, but out here in the desert it doesn't get tested much and I don't wash the pathy very often.

Edit - I re-read and see you are out of warranty. I would go with the suggested route above and good luck. I guess I've been lucky with my dealer in that they are willing to replace stuff. They are taking care of my windshield (see http://thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=10852&highlight=) and the same dealer replaced all the interior carpet in my wife's versa when the little rubber pad on the foot rest beside the clutch pedal came off. That one was a particular joke, since they did the entire install only to realize they newer carpet didn't come with the rubber pad...Didn't buy either vehicle from them either due to less than ideal sales interactions, but the warranty service seems OK and they are by 40 miles the closest one to me.
NVSteve
Sponsored Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the same problem, but I've never seen water on the inside. I knew water was getting in because some of the hardware & fasteners were rusted. I pulled everything off the rear hatch, cleaned up the rust, then reinstalled using a healthy dose of silicone everywhere. Seems to have solved the problem, although I should have just replaced everything with stainless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 General Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: