warrantys?

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

mikeyhill

warrantys?

Postby mikeyhill » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:58 am

Hey guys I'm in market for 2011-2012 pathfinder trying to figure out if I'm gknna buy a cpo or from private seller or another brand dealership. Trying to find one under 36k le model I was hoping my mechanic could find one at manheim and than I would get an aftermarket warranty but I've been told they are sketchy. I also was told I can get the warranty from nissan even if I bought at auction. How is nissans warranty comapred to the others

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:28 pm

IMO Nissan is the only warranty you should consider. I'd call them and find out what the details are, perhaps they could speak hypothetically. Normally I'm sure they would require a VIN.

t

mikeyhill

Postby mikeyhill » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:44 pm

disallow wrote:IMO Nissan is the only warranty you should consider. I'd call them and find out what the details are, perhaps they could speak hypothetically. Normally I'm sure they would require a VIN.

t
I know at manheim you can pay extra 150 for post sae inspection you can return within 14 days if you find its no good. From what ive read these psi are very detailed.I know nissan has a lane of off lease vehicles. I just wonder if they bring the cars to the auction they don't feel are in showroom condition?

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:29 pm

mikeyhill wrote:
disallow wrote:IMO Nissan is the only warranty you should consider. I'd call them and find out what the details are, perhaps they could speak hypothetically. Normally I'm sure they would require a VIN.

t
I know at manheim you can pay extra 150 for post sae inspection you can return within 14 days if you find its no good. From what ive read these psi are very detailed.I know nissan has a lane of off lease vehicles. I just wonder if they bring the cars to the auction they don't feel are in showroom condition?
How the cars get to auction varies, but these lease returns get dropped off at random Nissan dealers. Some finance companies will have an online auction for dealers to try to buy these before they go to a physical sale. Others may just offer it to the turn-in dealer at a fixed price. Whether a dealer buys it just depends on if that particular dealer needs/wants that car and/or if the price is reasonable. I would say there's a bigger chance that the lower condition cars end up at the sale, but there are plenty of other instances where a dealer just doesn't want the car or the price isn't right.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:16 pm

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:31 am

I bought my 08 LE V8 as a CPO. I've been very happy with my Pathfinder. I went to nissanusa.com and followed the CPO links to look it up. I lived in Idaho at the time and traveled 6hrs to Utah to find/buy my Pathfinder.

Return to “R51 General Chat”