Radio Interchangeability

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

steve95xeV6

Radio Interchangeability

Postby steve95xeV6 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:21 pm

Hey guys, I have a 95 Pathy XE model and it still has the factory stereo/tape deck. My local pull-a-part has several different Nissans that have the double din sized stereo with cd/cassette. Some are Bose like in the Maximas and some appear to be regular Clarion's like in a Altima. I just really dont want to put a aftermarket stereo in it because frankly the interior is just perfect. Plus my girl just isnt all that great with any thing electronic. So If there is a unit that will work in my Pathy, (as in plug and play) I would love to know what one(s) will work. I thought I have read that in 95 is when they changed stereo wiring and that 95-99 all interchange ( Excluding the Bose units ) Also found a J30 that had Bose speakers but they were not anything like the ones I have seen before in that there is no amp at the speakers so I cant see why they would not work as both are 4 ohm speakers.I guess tomorrow morn while its still cool I could go back and pull one the stereos that isnt part of the bose system and take it over to the 94 Pathy but if wiring was changed in 95 it wont do me any good.. They had 4 of those Bose speakers they said 10 bucks for all 4, They also said 20 bucks for the radio and if it didnt work they would either let me try another one or give me a refund. Now I can also buy one for 10 bucks but if its broke or bad it will be sold as is with no refund/swap. If I cant find something that will work I guess I will buy that whatchamacallit that will let me run my iPod on the stock radio. Wasnt there a disc player Nissan sold that went into the cubby hole under the stereo? I know, seems like a lot of crap to mess with when it would be so easy to put my new Sony unit thats in my 94 Sentra SE-R but I really like the factory look, so any help would be great.

Also, does anyone know what size the front and rear speakers are? It has tweeters in the trim on the sides inside and something similar in the rear.

Thanks guys.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”