2006 Replace original Navi with 2 DIN aftermarket

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

Mor10

2006 Replace original Navi with 2 DIN aftermarket

Postby Mor10 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:19 am

Hello,

I am new here and recently bought my 2006 Pathfinder LE 4.0 liter.

It is a really Nice car and a little faster than my old Chevrolet Astro 4WD :)

To the question:
The Navi maps in my car is not updated, and I also need a DAB radio, since they will shut down the FM radio in Norway soon. This will be a cost all together, so I was thinking of buying an aftermarket 8 inch with a better screen instead of the original cd-changer(not Bose).

My Path has this screen on top of the cluster lid and not an opening for double DIN. I also have this three buttons for A/C Control and two small ones for the back A/C With a small display, that I want to keep.

I have found out that there are different versions of what Nissan calls the Cluster Lid. I may have found the first part of the part# that is:
68520M-XXXXX or e.g 68259-R51006(CourtesyParts.com).

So, I was hoping that someone knows or may lead me to someone who knows where I can find this part.

Please have a look at the Pictures Attached to see before and after if I was unclear here :)

Before:
After:

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:47 pm

Keep in mind that what's available in Europe is not necessarily available or the same in the USA (like your manual trans, for instance). The part numbers at Courtesy's website are not actual Nissan part #'s. Try NissanPartsZone.com. They have Nissan part diagrams and recently started using the actual Nissan parts numbers.

Mor10

Postby Mor10 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:57 pm

smj999smj wrote:Keep in mind that what's available in Europe is not necessarily available or the same in the USA (like your manual trans, for instance). The part numbers at Courtesy's website are not actual Nissan part #'s. Try NissanPartsZone.com. They have Nissan part diagrams and recently started using the actual Nissan parts numbers.
Thank you for the reply!

Yes, there is some differences between the european and us versions.
I have seen a lot of pictures of us paths with this "After" radio panels, but it is not easy to find the correct part number.The drawings at the dealers either shows the "Before" panel, or an open panel with nothing in it :)
I was hoping that someone here had this version (usually comes stock with the Bose DVD).
The version I need is exactly like the "After" picture. I only need the upper panel for the 2DIN and digital AC.

sunpro2010

Postby sunpro2010 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:50 pm

The 2006 pathfinder will accept any aftermarket DD radio. Some come with GPS already built in and some need to have a extra attachment behind the radio to get GPS on screen. Go to your local stereo shop and they cant point you in the right direction. Here in the states a good DD with GPS runs about $700 to $1200. Hope this helps. You shouldn't need anything from the dealer for this install.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”