2.5dcI startup rattle and oil lamp (with video)

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

jovan90jovanovic

2.5dcI startup rattle and oil lamp (with video)

Postby jovan90jovanovic » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:38 am

Hello everyone,

I'v been visiting Nissan's official dealership and service here in Serbia for a few times and they still have no solution for this.
As you can see in the video, when the car is started for the first time after a night or even few hours (5-6 hours), oil lamp stays on for 2-3 seconds and there is this terrifying rattle sound that comes from the engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w3TCq5MILQ

---- What was I thinking ----
I was thinking that engine looses oil somehow and when I start it after that, it takes some time to get the pressure to the right level. I'v heard from Service guys that oil pressure is tensioning chain and that this might be connected.

I was thinking that oil runs down from oil filter and that this happens because filter needs to be refilled. I had some Niparts filter at that point so I took original Nissan oil filter but nothing changed.

---- What were service guys thinking ----
After this oil filter idea, they are left with two ideas.
- First is that Oil Pump somehow doesn't hold the oil in, wherever it should hold it and it takes some time to refill all that. That would fix both, oil lamp and rattle sound.
- Second is that these two are not connected and that chain is loose, but in that case, they have no clue what is with this oil lamp.

Right now they are contacting other services and asking if someone had this same issue. That takes forever so I came here to ask if someone of you guys had this same issue. I really don't care if this is just some sound, but I'm afraid that engine might be starting dry and/or that this sound might really be the chain which can make some damage?

CPLTECH

Postby CPLTECH » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:46 pm

Most of us on this forum are from North America and Nissan does not sell any diesel anything here, sad to say. Nor any manual transmission PF.
You might try: http://www.pcoa.org.au/forum/index.php

jovan90jovanovic

Postby jovan90jovanovic » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:28 pm

Thanks,

I'll just leave this hanging here. Maybe someone had some experience.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”