SL Upgrade to Navigation and BT Audio

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

TXGunslinger

SL Upgrade to Navigation and BT Audio

Postby TXGunslinger » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:17 pm

I am looking for the information necessary to upgrade the SL to Navigation and Bluetooth Audio. In order to get these features I would have had to purchase the platinum which had 20" wheels, sunroof, and much higher price tag (all items I did not want). I don't know where the module is or if other items can be added or flashed.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:31 pm

Being that this model is so new, I doubt that it'll be any time soon before you can get an answer to this. I wouldn't be surprised if the main electrical harness is completely different for the two models. It would probably be easier to look for an aftermarket alternative rather than attempt an OEM installation, which I would feel could get very expensive. Check with your Nissan dealer's parts dept. to see if there is an accessory option to add those items. If not, you may want to check with Crutchfield.com. Let us know what you find!

gladiator99

navigation???

Postby gladiator99 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:30 am

The navigation system on our 2014 pathfinder sucks big time. I tried to enter 2 different addresses in BC that have been around for many years and it does not have information for that area which is Surrey B.C. Also one address in Abbotsford could not be found. The data on the nav system must be from 10 years ago. It is not worth the extra money. I can buy a $200.00 Garmin and have all the latest addresses and free updates and traffic alerts. I am really disappointed!
Jim

pyrophilus

Re: SL Upgrade to Navigation and BT Audio

Postby pyrophilus » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:14 am

TXGunslinger wrote:I am looking for the information necessary to upgrade the SL to Navigation and Bluetooth Audio. In order to get these features I would have had to purchase the platinum which had 20" wheels, sunroof, and much higher price tag (all items I did not want). I don't know where the module is or if other items can be added or flashed.
It seems like manufacturers are trying to make it harder to just "drop" in upgrades.

I also wanted the Navigation for the A2DP bluethooth audio, but my wife and I had to have sunroof, so we had to compromise on features.

As for the navigation, I don't think this will be a cheap task.

The navigation system uses an 8" touchscreen. I believe the SL comes with a 7" non-touch LCD. Even my SL with premium, the "upgraded" 8" LCD is non-touch, which I would assume would cause errors if you just replaced the headunit.

As for the bluetooth audio, I am guessing that it is part of the headunit, and I am highly doubting that Nissan left the microphone for the bluetooth in (albeit if anything, Nissan is actually pretty good about leaving wiring in for options that were not included).

I think at minimum for myself to get Nav+A2DP bluetooth, I'd probably have to replace:
1. The 8" screen to the 8" touch-screen
2. replace the headunit (hoping the harddrive is part of it).

For a non "premium" SL, I think you'd have to:
1. Replace the 7" screen with the 8" touch-screen
2. replace the headunit
3. maybe install the microphone and wiring (I think most go in the headliner).

In the end, it's probably not going to be cost-effective.

I actually thought A2DP was included as part of premium package. I was pretty bummed out when I picked up and foundout it didn't have it.

lordtie20001

Postby lordtie20001 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:23 pm

I just bought a 2014 Pathfinder Hybrid SL. Mine came with the full Tech Package and its not a Premium trim. Also my Nav is full touch screen and the Nav works great for me. If it helps its easier to use the voice guidance to enter addresses or locations.

Return to “R52 Electrical”