Do any model year Pathfinders have seats that fold flat?

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

rangeoflight32

Do any model year Pathfinders have seats that fold flat?

Postby rangeoflight32 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:18 pm

Hi, I am shopping for a Pathfinder but I need one where I can camp in it and sleep in the back sometimes. But I need 70 inches of length to cargo area and the ones I've checked out ('08 and '11) have seats that fold up but not totally down and out of the way and just leads to about 65 inches of usable length which is not enough.

Are there any Pathfinder model years that have seats that fold down better? Or any models that are "extra large" and would have longer cargo area? Thanks for any help with this..

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:11 am

My SE folds fairly flat. With the 2nd and 3rd rows folded and the front seat moved forward all the way, I have 73" from the inside cargo door to 2nd row seat bottom that folds up against the front seats. There is a flap that folds down from the back of the 2nd row to cover a gap between the 2nd and 3rd rows.

I also have the fold-flat front passenger seat which was an option on certain models. It's not truly flat space because it's a bit higher and you still have the 2nd row seat bottom folded against it, but it gives you some flat storage space if you have a mattress in the back. Also if it's just one person you can sleep at a diagonal and have plenty of space.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: Do any model year Pathfinders have seats that fold flat?

Postby eieio » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:17 am

rangeoflight32 wrote:Or any models that are "extra large" and would have longer cargo area? Thanks for any help with this..
Nissan Armada

ShipFixer

Re: Do any model year Pathfinders have seats that fold flat?

Postby ShipFixer » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:20 pm

rangeoflight32 wrote:Hi, I am shopping for a Pathfinder but I need one where I can camp in it and sleep in the back sometimes. But I need 70 inches of length to cargo area and the ones I've checked out ('08 and '11) have seats that fold up but not totally down and out of the way and just leads to about 65 inches of usable length which is not enough.

Are there any Pathfinder model years that have seats that fold down better? Or any models that are "extra large" and would have longer cargo area? Thanks for any help with this..
The rear seats fold flat - as long as you do it the right way. If you fold the bottom seat cushions forward first (up against the rear row), the seat backs will then fold down flat. If you just fold the seats forward then the floor won't be flat - but you'll be able to recline the front seats a little better.

I bought the Pathfinder for its 74" or so of flat open space for extra large 29" wheel mountain bikes. No disassembly required :-D

rangeoflight32

Postby rangeoflight32 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:05 am

skinny2 wrote:My SE folds fairly flat. With the 2nd and 3rd rows folded and the front seat moved forward all the way, I have 73" from the inside cargo door to 2nd row seat bottom that folds up against the front seats. There is a flap that folds down from the back of the 2nd row to cover a gap between the 2nd and 3rd rows.

I also have the fold-flat front passenger seat which was an option on certain models. It's not truly flat space because it's a bit higher and you still have the 2nd row seat bottom folded against it, but it gives you some flat storage space if you have a mattress in the back. Also if it's just one person you can sleep at a diagonal and have plenty of space.
73" sounds adequate. What year Pathfinder do you have? It seems like varies from year to year as far as this goes. Thanks.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:04 am

rangeoflight32 wrote:
73" sounds adequate. What year Pathfinder do you have? It seems like varies from year to year as far as this goes. Thanks.
I have an '08 but there's very little difference in the seats between '05 and '12 really. Teh front fold-flat passenger seat was only available on certain models but the rear seats are very similar across the years. The only real difference I'm aware of is that for '12 models the 2nd row has "improved" and bigger head rests in the 2nd row. This may impact how the seat back folds down.

The main thing is just making sure you're folding them correctly. Move the front seats forward, pull the 2nd row seat-bottom forward against the front seat, lower the headrest, then fold the seatback down flat. It should be the same on all years but '12 I don't think you can lower the head rest all the way, but it may be removable.

FLiPMaRC

Postby FLiPMaRC » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:42 am

It should look like this folded correctly ... (

leadpig

Postby leadpig » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:51 am

FLiPMaRC wrote:It should look like this folded correctly ... (
Dang, it's so clean in there! It's spotless! I'm very impressed. Two dogs and two kids have played havoc in mine of the same vintage. Not helped by hauling construction waste in it recently from a kitchen remodel either...there's only so much the husky liner can do.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:17 pm

leadpig wrote:
FLiPMaRC wrote:It should look like this folded correctly ... (
Dang, it's so clean in there! It's spotless! I'm very impressed. Two dogs and two kids have played havoc in mine of the same vintage. Not helped by hauling construction waste in it recently from a kitchen remodel either...there's only so much the husky liner can do.
I'm not sure when it was optional (or standard) but my '08 has a hard rubbery plastic on the back of the 3rd row and cargo area. Sucks for the dog....but it's held up extremely well and just wipes down if it's muddy or whatever.

NH07r51

Postby NH07r51 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:32 pm

Mine is a 2007, with the seats folded, I got a 6 foot bed platform inside. Storage underneath. check out this post http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... d+platform

Ar-45acp

Postby Ar-45acp » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:34 pm

Passenger front folds flat also

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:56 pm

Ar-45acp wrote:Passenger front folds flat also
Not all models, and not those with leather. At least that was the case last I checked. And the front passenger does fold down, but it is not "flat" (level) with the 2nd and 3rd rows down.

I've slept in mine a few times and really hated it. Even with the windows cracked quite a bit, it got pretty stuffy inside-couldn't open them more because I'd wind up in a sandbox when I got up in the morning. The other time I slept in it, I only did so because it was pretty cold outside. Sleeping inside a metal container in the cold made it feel a hell of a lot colder. The next night I slept in the tent and was far warmer (same temps, same conditions). Oh, and I had to sleep diagonally to fit, which is another annoyance if you have a lot of crap in the car. I'd imagine it would be fairly comfortable in good weather, with the windows rolled mostly down & nothing else in the back.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:38 am

I've slept in the back of my '06 for several weeks before. The key is removing the middle row seat bottom cushions then you have ample length since they don't flip up creating that artificial wall. Assuming you don't need them for actual seating purposes during the day.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:43 am

Had to haul some cargo awhile back and took a quick pic before loading up. This is with the folding passenger seat and the rubber/plastic cargo option.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”