Range day... in the wet, slick, dirt of West Texas.

Use that 4x4 switch on your Path and go get dirty!

Moderator: volvite

BigEz

Range day... in the wet, slick, dirt of West Texas.

Postby BigEz » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:03 am

A few shots of our last outing to the range... I managed to get my Brother's 2000, v6, R50 stuck in the mud, which resulted in a 3 mile hike back to the ranch, in the mud, to get my 2008, v8, to pull us out.

His R50 with street tires did extremely well, until I got 1 wheel on each axel spinning, and bulldozed the front end. My Pathy pulled it out, (and over about 4-5 trees) like it was butter. I love this truck...

Last edited by BigEz on Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

azaizai

Postby azaizai » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:01 am

Take the plates off the truck and you guys could be on expedition in Africa or something!

Nice pics, I'm sure there was no end to the jabs given after you pulled his Pathy out

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:15 pm

Looks like he needs a winch.

BigEz

Postby BigEz » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:34 pm

volvite wrote:Looks like he needs a winch.
Ha.. I have been looking at winches all day, for mine, not his. I just wish there was more bumper options for 08. I'm thinking of installing a front tow hitch, seem easier and cheaper. Then using a hitch mounted winch. I can mount or carry it, when needed. Use it from the front or rear, and use it on a trailer.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:17 pm

BigEz wrote:
volvite wrote:Looks like he needs a winch.
Ha.. I have been looking at winches all day, for mine, not his. I just wish there was more bumper options for 08. I'm thinking of installing a front tow hitch, seem easier and cheaper. Then using a hitch mounted winch. I can mount or carry it, when needed. Use it from the front or rear, and use it on a trailer.
I agree on more options.

Return to “Offroad Adventures”