No Horn Response with Lock/Unlock

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Ariesg

No Horn Response with Lock/Unlock

Postby Ariesg » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:14 pm

Just a minor annoyance, really, but was wondering if anyone else has had this issue. The horn works fine, but will not beep/chirp with the lock/unlock from my key fob. I've checked to make sure the feature is set to "ON" under the COMFORT and CONVENIENCE settings. I've also checked to make sure the fuse for the horn was not blown (it was not). I did notice that I was missing a 10A fuse in the I-Key/RR BLWR (GCC) fuse slot. I plugged one in, but this didn't seem to do anything. One last thought would be to check the HORN RELAY, but figured I'd check here before mucking around anymore. Any thoughts? Thanks for looking!

azaizai

Postby azaizai » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:47 pm

If the horn works normally (ie: the steering wheel) then I wouldnt think the relay or fuses were the issue.

It would come down to the security module or a setting being off. I wonder if there is a difference between the conveinence setting and a more "hard" setting that would be programmed by a technician. I had a Honda Accord that you could go through the radio and set key fob honks and whatnot through.

Otherwise, is everything else playing nice when you hit the fob? Lights flash, doors lock, etc?

Ariesg

Postby Ariesg » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:06 pm

azaizai wrote:If the horn works normally (ie: the steering wheel) then I wouldnt think the relay or fuses were the issue.

It would come down to the security module or a setting being off. I wonder if there is a difference between the conveinence setting and a more "hard" setting that would be programmed by a technician. I had a Honda Accord that you could go through the radio and set key fob honks and whatnot through.

Otherwise, is everything else playing nice when you hit the fob? Lights flash, doors lock, etc?
Azaizai - yes, everything else works as they should. Lights flash and doors lock/unlock appropriately. This one has me scratching my head.

zm830101

Postby zm830101 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:21 pm

Hold the lock and unlock buttons on your remote simultaneously until the horn chirps. You can turn the feature on and off this way regardless of the "settings".

Ariesg

Postby Ariesg » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:16 pm

zm830101 wrote:Hold the lock and unlock buttons on your remote simultaneously until the horn chirps. You can turn the feature on and off this way regardless of the "settings".
zm830101 - tried this before without success, that being said, I tried it again tonight - this time holding the buttons together longer. Sure enough, little flash and a chirp from the horn. Problem solved! Thanks!

Return to “R51 Electrical”