Interior Dome Light flashing

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Deanster

Interior Dome Light flashing

Postby Deanster » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:45 pm

Hi so on our 2002 Pathfinder LE I noticed tonight when driving in the dark that the interior dome light flashes on and off sometimes when I accelerate or turn or sometimes even hit a bump...almost like 30% of the time the vehicle leans or gets bumped around the interior dome light flashes for like a second or less then shuts off?? It only does it when it's switch is centered to turn on when doors are opened but I don't see the open door light on the dash when it happens and I have opened and closed all 5 doors 2 or 3 times now to make sure all of them are fully shut. Anyone have a similar problem or know how to fix it?

LRidge

Same here...

Postby LRidge » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:49 pm

Just picked up a 2003 LE with sunroof. The only dome lights that I find is the one at the back of the cargo area, which works correctly, and the light for the back seats. When placed in the center position, it does exactly like you are experiencing. Hope someone has solution....

Deanster

Postby Deanster » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:00 pm

Yup my back one is working fine as well it's just the one in the middle for the back seats. We noticed it started doing it within the past week or 2 and we find if we lock the doors it doesn't do it but we just have it switched to off and it doesn't happen. That may be the easiest solution

LRidge

Postby LRidge » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:13 pm

With that one turned off, the only dome light in my vehicle would be the one in back. Pretty dark getting in at night....

Deanster

Postby Deanster » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:37 pm

Yeah it is but doesn't really bother us. We know where everything is in the car after 2 months and don't have to adjust anything we just get in, start the car turn the headlights on and drive away so we don't really have to see inside the car

LRidge

Postby LRidge » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:50 pm

My dome light was coming on when I took a hard right hand corner or hit a bump. My rear left door dome light switch was not working at all. Had the vehicle in for some service and had them replace the switch. Now the dome light works as suppose to. Go figure....

Deanster

Postby Deanster » Thu May 14, 2015 1:33 pm

Thats what i was guessing it was is a door switch issue, either that or since the inner door stripping is coming off maybe its getting caught causing the door to maybe close like 99.8% where it doesnt read its open but turning could trigger it. We just turned ours off and almost forgotten about it by now lol

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”