What's the order of the TPMS display?

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

DanJetta

What's the order of the TPMS display?

Postby DanJetta » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:48 am

My screen shows the tire pressure in a vertical list but doesn't tell me to which wheel each number correlates. I'm thinking clockwise starting at the driver wheel but I'm not sure. Thoughts?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:19 pm

Top-to-bottom on the display reads Left front, right front, right rear, left rear. However...this will only be the case if the wheels are in the same position as when the last time the TPMS sensors were programmed. If the tires were rotated since then, the order will not read the same on the display if the TPMS sensors were not programmed afterwards. So, let's say the left front tire and left rear tire are rotated, the top of the on-screen display will start with the reading from the left rear tire, unless the positions are reprogrammed. This will require a TPMS trigger tool and a scantool capable of accessing the TPMS system.

DanJetta

Postby DanJetta » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:26 pm

Ah, makes sense. That's why it says, "check all tires" when the light is on – it has no way of knowing which sensors are where. Thanks for the info!

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:36 am

Yeah, and that makes it tricky to diagnose when you get a code for a faulty sensor. You could get a code for a right front sensor failure, but what was once the right front sensor could be anywhere now. If the tire pressures are all good, you'll have to go through the reprogram procedure to find the bad sensor.

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”