COOL STUFF

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

sdg1963

COOL STUFF

Postby sdg1963 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:16 pm

Wondering what kind of "cool stuff" people have discovered with their Pathfinders.

I have a 2008 SE, V6.
One of the things I realised is that by depressing the unlock button on my key fob for several seconds, the front windows will roll down. I found this especially helpful on those hot summer days.

anyone else found any "nuggets" they'd be willing to share?

DanJetta

Postby DanJetta » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:58 pm

I can't tell you how many times I walk outside in the morning to find my windows all rolled down ... because I sat on my key fob the night before in my living room. The first few times I thought someone was messing with me.

Here are a few simple things I've caught (and like):

- You can program your driver's seat to slide back when you turn the engine off (I actually turned this off so I don't wear the motor out).
- Hold both buttons on the remote to turn the lock "chirp" on and off.
- Some models have a rear hatch cinch motor that pulls the hatch closed when you lay it down. That way you don't have to slam it.
- After you turn your engine off, you can still roll up the windows and close the sunroof as long as you haven't opened the driver's side door.
- You have two power points beside the glove box. One is always on and the other is activated by the ignition (great for something like a GPS unit that you want to automatically turn on/off with the car).
- There is another power point inside your center console arm rest.
- Radio volume and wiper interval can be set to adjust with vehicle speed.
- Auto headlight sensitivity and duration can also be set in the comfort menu.
- You can track your MPG history in the economy menu.
- The exterior mirrors defrost with the rear defrost.
- There is a secret storage compartment under one of the rear seats. You have to fold the seat down to access it.

sdg1963

Postby sdg1963 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:09 pm

Yes, those are all great features, Im aware of them, but what are these:

- Auto headlight sensitivity and duration can also be set in the comfort menu. Does this allow the headlights to remain on for a period of time after turning the vehicle off? And how is this programmed?

- You have two power points beside the glove box. One is always on and the other is activated by the ignition (great for something like a GPS unit that you want to automatically turn on/off with the car). I thought both needed the ignition on.

- There is a secret storage compartment under one of the rear seats. You have to fold the seat down to access it. Correct, mine has three compartments from the middle seat, extending to the entire passenger side. I keep my insurance and ownership paperwork in there.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:50 pm

sdg1963 wrote:Yes, those are all great features, Im aware of them, but what are these:

- Auto headlight sensitivity and duration can also be set in the comfort menu. Does this allow the headlights to remain on for a period of time after turning the vehicle off? And how is this programmed?
I don't recall seeing an option to leave the lights on, but the sensitivity setting controls how much light is required to make the auto lights turn on/off. I have mine on the least sensitive setting but they're still rather annoying. I'll drive under trees for 5 seconds and the lights come on. Driving to work in the morning there are times the lights will turn on/off every minute or so if I hit a shady/foggy section. I usually just turn them to on.

My wife's MDX is the opposite....it has to be damn near pitch dark out before they turn on and I have it set to the most sensitive setting! They will never turn on during a rain storm no matter how dark it gets. I'm not sure why this is such a difficult option but I will say my Suburban seems to know exactly when to turn the lights on and it doesn't have a sensitivity control.

DanJetta

Postby DanJetta » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:02 pm

Auto Headlight Sensitivity: Exactly what Skinny said. Through the menu, you can also control the delay of time it takes for them to turn off again after they're been automatically triggered. You can also adjust how long they stay on after you turn your car off (in theory, however long it takes you to walk from your car to your front door at night). That's in a different part of the menu, though.

Power Points: One requires ignition and one does not.

Rogue9

Postby Rogue9 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:08 pm

they stopped the smugglers compartment sometime before 2010... cause I don't have one. =(

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:38 pm

The sensitivity and time delay on the lights can be set/adjusted on models with the screen. On some models, like my 07 LE Bose non-navi, there is no screen, so it has to been adjusted using a scan tool that can access the BCM functions.

RedPathy

Postby RedPathy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:11 pm

The under seat secret storage is perfect for jumper cables, or whatever other illegal substance you are smuggling over the border, lol :wink:

Personally I like the million freaking ways by which you can fold down/flat/forward/backward the second row. Really comes in handy when carrying stuff. Also, the one-touch open and close sunroof is great. Enjoy the little things right?

ThePainClinic

Postby ThePainClinic » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:05 pm

They did away with the under seat storage area on later models....2010???

Philfinder

Postby Philfinder » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:50 am

What I would love to know is, are the headlight washers programmable? (on my UK Spec R51 2012) When I use the windscreen washers, the headlight washers pop up too and "scoosh" the headlights.

Meanwhile the wipers go automatically for 3 or 4 wipes. Then when the wipers finish, the headlight washers come BACK UP and "scoosh" the headlights and of course if travelling at any sort of speed the spray just comes up onto the windscreen again meaning I have to manually put the wiper on for a couple of wipes! A horrible vicious circle!

If it is programmable, i'm going straight to the garage when i get home to stop the second headlight wash!

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:17 am

no headlight washers on north american models

Philfinder

Postby Philfinder » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:18 am

👎

bmramon

Postby bmramon » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:18 am

How do you disable the driver seat from sliding back when the key is turned off?

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:40 pm

Am I the only one without a dimmer switch? Like to put increase/decrease gauge light output?

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:04 pm

turn the reset button for the odo reset.

Return to “R51 General Chat”