2013 path antifreeze leak?

Discussion topics related to the radiator and transmission failures in all Nissan trucks, education of the public on this issue, and attempts to force Nissan to start a recall.

Moderator: volvite

edward

2013 path antifreeze leak?

Postby edward » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:40 pm

My 2013 path sv is currently in the dealers shop right now for a few things warranty related.17k miles.ive noticed a faint antifreeze odor on and off since the car was new.ive witnessed the level of coolant in the overflow resivior ever so slowly, over a period of months go completely empty.so far again, they tell me the pressure test is good.ok.wheres it going? They say there doing an overnite press test tonite.im gettin the feeling they are thinking im just being anal.wondering where to turn next if im told alls fine again? Another thing thats wrong is the heat/ac control.no power in cold weather.been in twice for that.sposed to get the control head replaced now.have a sideview mirror turning black.getting replaced.thought the tranny shudder was gone.im getting that again at slow speeds, dont know yet whats being done about that.im dissapointed with this car.theres not alot of time left before im out of warranty.thinkin of dumping it off for a different brand before too long unless these issues are fixed.are there some cages i can rattle higher up in the nissan food chain? Thanks

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:48 pm

There's the Nissan customer service hotline: 1-800-NISSAN-1. You could also get a Nissan extended warranty plan if you choose to keep it longer. I would give them a chance to fix the problems, though. An overnight pressure test makes sense considering the slow rate of coolant loss.

edward

Postby edward » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:28 pm

just got the car back.Still saying they cant find anything wrong.I have about 14 months left on warranty.was thinkin of an extended warranty,but that's just bs.ill have to trade it off for another brand unless I find wats up with the car myself I guess.do you know if the decorative cover on the engine comes off easily so I can look around under there?thanks!

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:33 pm

The cover comes off easy. Some 10MM head bolts and pull it straight up. It has rubber cups under it that fit press over studs.

edward

Postby edward » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:48 pm

kool.thanks.ill let ya know if anything shows up

Return to “Nissan Transmission FAIL”