spindle swap out change 6x4.5 to 6x5.5

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

Diablo3662

spindle swap out change 6x4.5 to 6x5.5

Postby Diablo3662 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:39 pm

I'm wondering how hard is it to do that Spindle swap ? More wheel options

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:08 pm

If you mean swapping the R51 hub with an R50 or WD21 hub, I would think it would be pretty hard and not worth it just to get a better option for wheels. Keep in mind that one would have to do both front and rear and the suspension systems, front and rear, are entirely different. You'd also have to make sure the ABS sensors use the same type signal, as Nissan did change them at one point (I believe around 2000-2001, IIRC).

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:07 am

It’s a major PITA. Seems easy, and I also found that it was simple from reading the Titan swap threads on Clubfrontier. So, I bought all the parts, with the knowledge I could return them if it didn’t work out.

After looking into everything, the information on Clubfrontier was incorrect, at least for the Pathfinder in that the hub isn’t a direct swap.

I purchased Armada rotors and bearings. I have a lift so I couldn’t just get the spindle, that might be easier. I had everything apart and no, not a direct swap.

In any case, there are quite a bit more options for wheels than you think. Fuel has extended their line-up extensively for the 6x4/5” BP. I used to have adapters, and then found the wheel I wanted became available with the correct BP, so I sold the adapters and wheels, and bought the right one.

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”