XVTer's 2010 Pathfinder S (R51)

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

XVTer

XVTer's 2010 Pathfinder S (R51)

Postby XVTer » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:46 am

I wanted to start this thread to keep track of the work done on my wife's Pathfinder. I noticed there's not really a section dedicated to 'build threads' so I put it here. If this isn't the correct place, please move.

Year: 2010
Model: Pathfinder
Trim: S, 4x4

Modifications:
Husky All-Weather Cargo Mat
Weathertech Floor Liners
NISSAN Hood Protector
NISSAN Running Boards
NISSAN Front Mud Flaps
Reese Tow Hitch Plug
BELL Visor CD Holder
AutoZone Clear License Plate Protectors
UHAUL Hitch Ball/Mount
4D Maglite and Mounts

Parts Waiting to Go On:
Airlift 1000 Kit
NISSAN Rear Mud Flaps

Future Plans:
265/75-16 Tires
Painting The Chrome

7/6/13: Bought this Pathfinder used just off-lease with just under 28,000 miles. Got the 80k mile warranty as it's going to be my wife's DD:

7/10/13: Installed the Emergency Roadside Kit which I still had from my '06 Xterra and had the dealer install a remote starter so that it was covered under the warranty. First problem was a broken fuel door spring after the first fill-up, but the dealer replaced for free while I was in for an inspection.

7/30/13: Installed used HUSKY Cargo Area Mat (thanks volvite!), here's a shot of my son sitting on it while helping me air up the tires; it has definitely helped to keep the dog hair out of the rear carpet.

9/6/13: Bosch Oil Filter and Mobil1 Full synthetic for first oil change. i have since re-upped my AMSOIL membership and ordered all off the driveline fluids through them for the next change. Installed a Reese trailer hitch plug and clear license plate protectors. Also picked up a UHAUL hitch ball/mount since the two I had already weren't rated over 5000lbs.

9/14/13: Installed NISSAN front mud flaps and Hood Protector:

**EDIT** I also installed the Weathertech Floor Liners. I'm not really a huge fan on how they did the edges of the rear mat as it almost makes a trip hazard, but we'll see how it performs over time:

9/20/13: Installed used NISSAN Running Boards (thanks iheartmypathy!) and visor CD holder. Washed car and hit the front grill with Plasti-Dip:

That gets this thread up-to-date with where I currently am. I think that I will end up painting the running boards at some point and possibly the wheels. I painted my Xterra's wheels with dupli-color graphite wheel paint and I still have a few cans left....

Until next time~
Last edited by XVTer on Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cr@2y Gr33k

Postby Cr@2y Gr33k » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:54 am

That looks great so far. How much did the Weathertech liners cost you?

V8Pathy

Postby V8Pathy » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:17 am

the weathertech are great: i have the full set from them: front/rear/cargo for about 6 years now. very good investmen tto protect the interior from spills, dirty boots, kids stuff.etc..

I got mine online from them. they had free shipping too.

iheartmypathy

Postby iheartmypathy » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:53 pm

looks great!! :)

XVTer

Postby XVTer » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:36 am

Thanks!

I bought the weathertech's from weathertech.com. I think they were just shy of $200

**EDIT*** thanks moderators!

XVTer

Postby XVTer » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:23 am

Well, I just got dropped off at work by the dealership shuttle - not very happy with the Pathfinder this morning. We've got 39k miles on it now and my pregnant wife calls me this morning and says that the heater fan isn't working.

This happened on my '06 Xterra with only 10 or 12k miles and it turned out to be the blower motor. The first trip to the dealer they replaced the resistor, then it happened again and they replaced the reisistor and the blower assembly and I didn't have any more issues until trading in the X. That whole fiasco cost me two vacation days but at least I didn't have a deductible to pay.

What I'm kinda ticked off about is that I've got a $100 deductible on the Pathfinder's extended warranty and if it's the resistor, it's only a $50 part. If it wasn't so cold out, I'd just have my wife deal with it until the weekend when I have a chance to fix it, but that isn't going to happen.

Anyway, I just wanted to vent about my displeasure of having to spend $100 on what will probably be a $50 fix. I'll keep you posted.

/rant

*******UPDATE*******

So I just picked up the Pathy - they said that, like my Xterra, the HVAC fan's motor assembly was faulty.

I feel a little better paying the $100 for them to do the whole assembly than if it was just the resistor.

XVTer

Postby XVTer » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:25 am

Haven't updated this thread in quite some time, but the Pathy has been pretty solid rig for us. I moved our family back to VT to be closer to relatives/family/babysitters and since the wife drives the Pathfinder, I haven't done much in the way of mods. Regular oil changes and an air filter are about it.

Here's a quick update:
5/25/2014: Had the A/C worked on last summer - turned out to be a bad Schrader valve

6/21/2014: My wife backed into a snowbank that turned out to be solid ice last winter so I pulled the dent out of the plastic bumper.

7/4/2014: Image

11/25/2014: Installed wheel spacer/adapters from wheeladapter.com. They allow me to bolt on the 6x5.5 chevy/Toyota wheels.

11/25/2014: My K1500 is in the shop for the winter while I do the body work so I mounted up a set of brand new winter tires (245/75-16 Winterforce) on the K1500 wheels and these fit great with the 1.25" thick adapters. I'll run these like this for the winter and then put a set of AT's on the Nissan wheels next fall as there isn't much life left to the all-seasons that came on it.

We just hit 60,000 miles and I’ll be doing the scheduled maintenance sometime soon.

Until next time~

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:43 pm

Looks good.

Return to “R51 General Chat”