CB install?

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

RacerZX
Site Admin

CB install?

Postby RacerZX » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:16 am

Anybody install a CB in their Pathfinder yet? Is that 'pocket' where the AUX connector resides standard DIN sized maybe?

doctahjones

Re: CB install?

Postby doctahjones » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:52 am

RacerZX wrote:Anybody install a CB in their Pathfinder yet? Is that 'pocket' where the AUX connector resides standard DIN sized maybe?
i've been thinking the same way. now that i'm 1/2 way 'trail rated' i need to get something. saw first hand how being out on the trails means your cell phone may not work!

for now i was really just thinking about getting a handheld. i'd really like to figure out how to fab or get ahold of some kind of metal mount for the whip that i could put just above the rear (driver or pass) tail light...like in between the liftgate and body

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:01 am

I too have looked into this. I started a thread and didn't get much of a response.

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=6879

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:25 am

Was just searching around one of the Titan forums and found this nifty radio, all the controls are on the Mic and the guts of the thing can be mounted out of sight, slick solution:
https://cobra.com/detail/75-wx-st-compa ... eather.cfm
http://www.amazon.com/Cobra-75WXST-40-C ... B00005N5WW

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:27 am

Lots of members from my old jeep forum used that radio. Like you pointed out, everything is on the hand held and the rest is hidden behind the dash.

Calicajun

Postby Calicajun » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:57 am

I'm working on installing a Ham radio into my 2012 PF. I mounted the radio section under the front right seat, lots of room and it is away from any electrical/computer devices. The control face plate or the radio is mounted on a goose neck coming up from the floor and can be move around as desired. My only problem is running the power cables and antenna cable from under the hood through the fire wall. I run the power cables directly from the battery and the antenna is mounted to a lip mount on the hood. With my last car there was enough space and holes to run the cables without having to drill any holes. Any know of any pass through in the fire wall on a 2012 PF?

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:31 am

On my old '06 Pathfinder I found some holes with rubber plugs/grommets in the firewall in the upper left area of the driver's foot well. I presume they plug holes that would be for clutch hardware in the manual transmission XTerras...

Calicajun

Postby Calicajun » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:20 pm

Thanks, will check the left side out too.

nutbar78

Postby nutbar78 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:52 pm

Reviving a dead thread here.......anybody else install a cb radio in their PF?

Calicajun

Postby Calicajun » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:21 am

Didn't install a CB but sis install a Ham Radio in my 2012 PF. Main unit is mounted under the right side front seat, the control head (for now) is mounted just above the cubby hole in the dash. Ran the power and antenna wires in between the PF body and the plastic cover at the wheel well, starting with a per drilled hole about half way between the battery and firewall. Did drill one hole in the firewall to get inside the cab, and then ran the wires under the carpet to the main unit under the seat. So far everything is working great.

XVTer

Postby XVTer » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:40 am

I run the handheld Cobra as it's easy to move from vehicle to vehicle.

A guy from my offroad club runs Jasper Offroad and they can set you up with a whole kit or just the handheld CB. This can also be used with a temporary magnetic antenna, but the reception isn't as good.

Here's a link:
http://jasperoffroad.com/index.php/cb-r ... o-kit.html

The handheld radio is a bit more expensive than the mounted units, but the ease of use is totally worth it.

nutbar78

Postby nutbar78 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:45 pm

XVTer wrote:I run the handheld Cobra as it's easy to move from vehicle to vehicle.

A guy from my offroad club runs Jasper Offroad and they can set you up with a whole kit or just the handheld CB. This can also be used with a temporary magnetic antenna, but the reception isn't as good.

Here's a link:
http://jasperoffroad.com/index.php/cb-r ... o-kit.html

The handheld radio is a bit more expensive than the mounted units, but the ease of use is totally worth it.
What are you doing for the antenna? How did you mount?

Touchdown

Postby Touchdown » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:14 pm

I've got one installed.
I don't have any pics of it, but I could take some if anybody wants to see it.

Basically I bought a small CB radio and mounted it on the passenger side glovebox. Drilled 2 holes where the mounting hardware would go through the plastic. Ran the power from the fuse box that's right there in the corner. And ran the coax cable for the antenna under the plastic door jams and behind the rear panels. I have my antenna mounted to the stock roof rack. I bought a fold down mount, so I can keep it down when it's not in use. The CB unit is also easliy removed when not in use so everything looks back to normal for everyday driving.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:47 pm

Pictures would be helpful and might assist members on buying and actually installing a CB.

DCham94

Postby DCham94 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:56 am

I had a full size Cobra 29LTX in my 97. It takes a little bit of on the fly mod work, but it will fit below an aftermarket radio and I bolted my antenna just forward of the tail light. I would say you could also mount it to the rear bumper.
Image[/list]

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”