New BFG Rugged Terrains

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

mooremayhem

New BFG Rugged Terrains

Postby mooremayhem » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:31 pm

Put on a set of these yesterday after a month of research. went with stock size, 265/65/17. Paid $770 otd. I was torn between General grabber at2, Yokahama geolander at/s, and these Bfg Rugged terrain.

I replaced the stock BFG Radial long trails that had 79k miles!

And then the unthinkable happened...pulled out of the driveway this afternoon and heard a click, click, clicking sound. Pulled over at the front of the neighborhood to find a freaking nail in the back left tire!!!! Pissed beyond belief.

The shop I bought them from is closed today (Sat). Will go in first thing Monday to see what they can do for me.

Here are pics of the new shoes

[/imghttps://plus.google.com/photos/10715601 ... 9463301233

Path-Less

Postby Path-Less » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:16 pm

These are great tires. I've had a set in my OE size. Just make sure you rotate them every oil change (~5k) or they will get loud. Also, you will most likely notice an increase in MPG. I believe they gave me an extra mog or two over the stock tires.

Goodluck with the nail situation. If it's not in the sidewall most likely they can do a nice patch job.

mooremayhem

Postby mooremayhem » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:47 pm

I have easily lost 3mpg...pretty disappointed if its directly related to the tires, which I am pretty sure it is. But the truck feels sluggish, heavy. i wonder if im hitting on all six cylinders. The tires do ride quiet and did well on a few wet and muddy ohv trails in northen GA.

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”