my window trim solution...

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

pathislander

my window trim solution...

Postby pathislander » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:43 pm

greetings pathfinders! i am new here and have a new to me 2001 Pathy. Its nice, but those window trim pieces...
Well, there i was wasting time in Home Depot...and something caught my eye..it is rubber moulding used for carpets, flooring etc. It is flexible, yet rigid enough to run straight. You can cut it with an xacto knife. It even has a nice tapered edge on one side to act as the window swipe or squeege. It is 40 cents a foot. it si the EXACT width of the trim. It has a raised piece on the backside to nicely attach( glue) to the top edge of the door. It is even curved with a slight crease that perfectly matches the contour of the old trim.
I took out my rusty piece, then sized and cut this piece to fit. I cut around the rear window pillar so that it sits nicely.
I am very happy with the results. Its not original, has a slight texture to it, but boys and girls, its a very nice solution. You can even glue the old window sweep or brush to the edge if you want, See the pics..I still have to clean up the glue, and maybe paint the edges to clean them up, but i'm happy.
cant seem to be able to post pics...how do i do this?[/img]Image

ZeitGeist

Exterior Glass reveal moldings

Postby ZeitGeist » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:59 pm

My 94 had contracted moldings due to southern heat. 3M black door edge guard with adhesive worked well. I stripped out all the old trim,cleaned up any residue and applied the new trim to the glass.....looks great.

Return to “General Automotive”