Rough winter, how's your pathy?

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

08PathPounder

Rough winter, how's your pathy?

Postby 08PathPounder » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:37 am

Live in NJ which has been an annoying winter to say the least. Between all of the salt & back to back snow storms, the pathys taking a beating. Car wash does no justice as it is salted by time I get home. Literally. No major problems with the pathy so far. Knock,knock,knock.

How about any of you guys or gals? Rough winter? Pathy holding up?

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:47 pm

We've been in quite the deep freeze here in manitoba. -20 to -35 C.

Yesterday on a trip to the hardware store, I heard a 'whiz-pop' from the driveline, after which my 4wd light turned on, and the 4wd status display turned blank.

After a shutdown/restart of the truck, the light went out and everything worked again.

I was not in 4hi at the time it happened, but had been when moving around my yard to hook up my utility trailer. After hooking it up, I disengage 4hi. But as many people on the forum have noticed, it usually sits and blinks at you for a while until it's officially 'out' of 4hi. I'm guessing something was frozen or cold, and created a problem that's caused the trouble light to come on. One the truck warmed up, the problem wasnt there any more.

Other than that, she's been performing admirably, despite my lack of attention to her.

DanJetta

Postby DanJetta » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:52 pm

I agree with you about the car washes. I've read repeatedly that Nissan trucks are more susceptible to underbody corrosion than the average bear, so I usually throw a yard sprinkler under mine after a snow storm to get the salt off.

Performance wise, my '08 is pretty stiff until it warms up - much more so than other trucks I've driven. It's like an old man that doesn't want to move. It heats up quickly, though.

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:10 pm

Man it's been cold and snowy here in Western MA this is the first winter for me and my 2012 Pathy I have a nice garage but it's occupied by my 2013 Mustang GT so the Pathy sits outside in the cold "I hate that" my battery died about a month ago luckily it was in my driveway and my neighbor helped me get her started. It starts faster with the new more cold cranking amp battery and I'm sure the Mobil 1 5w30 helps. Don't worry so much about the salt below zero it will have little effect until it gets warmer outside salt corrosion comes to a standstill below zero. My Pathy makes some strange noises when it's real cold but every car or truck I have had does the same. Mine is great in the snow and I feal like I have great control.

Return to “General Automotive”