The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
4x4 won't engage, is it fried?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Air Force Crew Chief

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject: 4x4 won't engage, is it fried? Reply with quote

Last Winter my battery went dead after leaving the rear light on. Got the car jumped by the personnel at the Ski resort I was at. They put the wrong leads on the battery terminal and caused a huge spark. After getting the car started I had a 4x4 light that went out. I forgot all about it until I needed to get out of mud a few weeks ago. The 4x4 wouldn't engage. I'm pretty sure this battery terminal mix up caused the problem but not sure if I smoked a relay or the actuator.

Looking for any information on how to determine which part might be bad. I was looking to pull the relay and check for continuity but I can't determine which one it is. There are a few labeled "actuator", is that it?
agilliam777

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you put it in 4x4 before the incident?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 4x4 Tech All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: