2" Lift Bilstein 5100 in front & OME rear springs

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:09 am

So how much lift are you getting in the rear now from the spacers?

Storm4.0

Postby Storm4.0 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:02 pm

pawjr74 wrote:So how much lift are you getting in the rear now from the spacers?
I measured mine exactly where you did (at the top of the wheel arch) and with the air bags in the rear aired down

Front - 37"
Rear - 36.5"

and that's with about 10,000 miles on the lift and 31.5" tires.

Fossilfuleburner

Postby Fossilfuleburner » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:15 pm

Hey Pawjr74,

I was reading through your install again while waiting for my parts to arrive. Have a question about disassembling the strut. Does the shock shaft spin freely when you try to take the nut off? Was this an issue for you?

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:19 pm

Fossilfuleburner wrote:Hey Pawjr74,

I was reading through your install again while waiting for my parts to arrive. Have a question about disassembling the strut. Does the shock shaft spin freely when you try to take the nut off? Was this an issue for you?
Yes, the shaft will sping on you. You have to hold the top of the strut with a wrench. I think it's 8mm. Don't use pliers on the shaft or you will ruin the strut.

RxZ

Postby RxZ » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:48 am

So, after having the setup for a few months now, how is everything? Better than stock? Anything you would do different? The Pathy looks good, about to replace the shocks and stuff on my wife's Pathfinder and trying to decide whether to keep it all pretty much stock, or go this route (I really want to go this route :wink: )

Thanks

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:43 pm

RxZ wrote:So, after having the setup for a few months now, how is everything? Better than stock? Anything you would do different? The Pathy looks good, about to replace the shocks and stuff on my wife's Pathfinder and trying to decide whether to keep it all pretty much stock, or go this route (I really want to go this route :wink: )

Thanks
I really like the Bilsteins up front. I'm actually thinking about changing the rear to spacers vs the OME rear springs. The OME springs ride nice but they put the rear 1" higher than the front. I'd rather have the rear sit more even.

kidhaulinpathfinder

Postby kidhaulinpathfinder » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:02 pm

pawjr74 wrote:
RxZ wrote:So, after having the setup for a few months now, how is everything? Better than stock? Anything you would do different? The Pathy looks good, about to replace the shocks and stuff on my wife's Pathfinder and trying to decide whether to keep it all pretty much stock, or go this route (I really want to go this route :wink: )

Thanks
I really like the Bilsteins up front. I'm actually thinking about changing the rear to spacers vs the OME rear springs. The OME springs ride nice but they put the rear 1" higher than the front. I'd rather have the rear sit more even.
How much do the rear spacers lift and where do you by them?

richardekirby

Postby richardekirby » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:23 pm

kidhaulinpathfinder wrote:
pawjr74 wrote:

Thanks
I think they raise the rear about 1.5-2" and can be found at a lot of places. Summit Racing, 4 Wheel Parts, Ebay, ect.. They run about $70.

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:34 am

richardekirby wrote:
kidhaulinpathfinder wrote:
pawjr74 wrote: I really like the Bilsteins up front. I'm actually thinking about changing the rear to spacers vs the OME rear springs. The OME springs ride nice but they put the rear 1" higher than the front. I'd rather have the rear sit more even.
I think they raise the rear about 1.5-2" and can be found at a lot of places. Summit Racing, 4 Wheel Parts, Ebay, ect.. They run about $70.
Rancho's web site claims that they give 1 3/4" of lift. I will post my measurements after I install them.

4x4parts.com is a good source for Pathfinder products. Here is a link to the spacers.

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/rear-sp ... -6024.html

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:01 pm

Having any issue with rear tire wear?

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:04 am

Although the rear alignment was a little out of spec I never had any abnormal tire wear.

Theacree

Postby Theacree » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:06 pm

I've looked all over the place and not been able to find these struts for my 09. I even email bilstien and they said they didn't have them. How do I find ones that will fit.im stuck between these, Rancho quick lift and PRG mini lift. I have 120000 miles on her and imagine it's about time for new shocks anyway so to thought I may as well do it while I was down there.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”