3rd row seat removal?

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

08PathPounder

3rd row seat removal?

Postby 08PathPounder » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:02 am

Has anyone done this? I have seen the middle seat removed in previous post and that looks good and all, but I have a pretty big subwoofer enclosure and was wondering if I removed one 3rd row seat that I could have my cake and eat it too. If I can remove one of them simply enough and have space to cleanly mount my amp it would be great any advice or ideas?

AZ_Path

Postby AZ_Path » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:31 am

doctahjones mentioned that he has. You might PM him.

flat6symphony

Postby flat6symphony » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:04 pm

Removed mine and I like the extra room. I went on a snowboard trip with me and 4 others so I put one of the seats in for just a weekend. Not too hard at all. Also took some measurements to sketch up a storage basket, haven't made any moves towards that idea yet.

08PathPounder

Postby 08PathPounder » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:58 am

flat6symphony wrote:Removed mine and I like the extra room. I went on a snowboard trip with me and 4 others so I put one of the seats in for just a weekend. Not too hard at all. Also took some measurements to sketch up a storage basket, haven't made any moves towards that idea yet.
Wow thanks for that! Pretty much exactly what I was looking for, I ended up leaving them in, but now that I know they can be removed so easily I'll for sure keep it in mind. This is what's in their place, installed completely by yours truly. All wires are hidden & ran properly, did I mention it will make my windows flex and my gfs hair to move occasionally
Image[/img]

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:21 am

08PathPounder wrote:
flat6symphony wrote:Removed mine and I like the extra room. I went on a snowboard trip with me and 4 others so I put one of the seats in for just a weekend. Not too hard at all. Also took some measurements to sketch up a storage basket, haven't made any moves towards that idea yet.
Wow thanks for that! Pretty much exactly what I was looking for, I ended up leaving them in, but now that I know they can be removed so easily I'll for sure keep it in mind. This is what's in their place, installed completely by yours truly. All wires are hidden & ran properly, did I mention it will make my windows flex and my gfs hair to move occasionally
Image[/img]
WOW, that set-up looks loud enough to make your eyes bleed :shock:
i guess you don't carry much cargo or passengers?

08PathPounder

Postby 08PathPounder » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:41 am

[/quote]WOW, that set-up looks loud enough to make your eyes bleed :shock: i guess you don't carry much cargo or passengers?[/quote]

Haha yeah it's enough to make you want to turn it down. That speaks for itself if you ask me.. As for passengers not too many or too often and when they are in the back seat, I tend to not turn it up unless requested. This is why I started looking into the big 3 and why I started a thread about it... But that damn voltage sensor😣🔫

CPLTECH

Postby CPLTECH » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:03 pm

You make me wonder how much weight the third row seating would shed? I would think MPG might bump up a few tenths.
I remember [long time ago] that bumpers were removed to make the car a little faster in the take-off.

dcommoncents

Postby dcommoncents » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:19 pm

I just took mine out yesterday to shed some weight to compensate for the cargo box thingy I built. I would say each seat weighs around 35 lbs. It was pretty easy and self explanatory except for a few of the bolts that didn't want to back out once I got to the corroded threads that are exposed beneath the vehicle. I just soaked the bolts in wd-40 rust inhibitor and put them back in the holes to keep any water from coming up through the bolt holes. What I'm trying to figure out now is how to use those bolts to anchor my cargo box so that it doesn't come forward and kill me in a frontal collision.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”