2012 R51 Pathfinder Fort Worth, Texas

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

redscarlet

2012 R51 Pathfinder Fort Worth, Texas

Postby redscarlet » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:28 pm

I finally decided to make a profile here since lately I've been thinking about some mods. I'm 25 years young, this is my first financed vehicle and I brought her home September of 2013. I did a lot of research before I made the purchase, I was looking for a V8 since I do haul my '89 Nissan 240sx from time to time and also a trailer/quad (Honda 450R) more frequently. I was not able to find one that I wanted. I did purchase a V6 with 10k miles for $22,500. (let me know what you guys think of this deal? I am 2nd owner)
I'm a full time college student earning my Bachelors Degree in Photography, so onto the photos! Enjoy!

ImageThe Pathfinder by GDM_ILLregulr, on Flickr
ImageRedScarlet by GDM_ILLregulr, on Flickr

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:54 pm

Wow real nice pix! I like that red color of your Pathy mine is also a 2012 and came to me looking the same used last spring but in a different color then I added a few mods. You should be fine towing what you tow with that V6 they seem to have real good power. Nice ride and good luck!

redscarlet

Postby redscarlet » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:11 pm

Kestral wrote:Wow real nice pix! I like that red color of your Pathy mine is also a 2012 and came to me looking the same used last spring but in a different color then I added a few mods. You should be fine towing what you tow with that V6 they seem to have real good power. Nice ride and good luck!
Thank you, I have not had any issues with towing yet, but I have not attempted to toe my car just yet. I would like trans cooler and beefier suspension before making the tows to the track.

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:30 pm

Your 2012 Pathy has a factory trans cooler that is up to the task for what you tow. You mentioned towing your 240sx with a trailer and that should be easy pickings for your 2012 V6 Pathfinder to tow. Figure your car and trailer is prob no more then 5,000 lbs and that's if you have an inclosed trailer. Your Pathy is designed to tow up to 6,000 lbs so you should be fine. I plan to tow my 23 foot Jayco hybrid camper this summer that is aprox 4,400lbs empty and around 5,000lbs loaded this summer with my 2012 V6.

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:34 pm

Another thought .... You are going to want to add some air bags to the rear suspension on your truck if you do lots of towing. Do a search on here for Airbag 1000 it will make a world of difference.

radeonDEUS

Postby radeonDEUS » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:37 am

lookin good red!

I also just got into a V6 Pathy, mines an '11, yours has super low mileage so that's awesome. I think you got a great deal at 22500. I paid less for mine but have 41k. Looks like there is tons we can do to these beasts, lookin forward to makin mine trail worthy! Doin anything to yours other than the airbags (recommended...)

Homer J

Postby Homer J » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:22 am

Kestral wrote:Wow real nice pix! I like that red color of your Pathy mine is also a 2012 and came to me looking the same used last spring but in a different color then I added a few mods. You should be fine towing what you tow with that V6 they seem to have real good power. Nice ride and good luck!
I don't know. You'd think being a photography major, he would know how to center it in the frame. :wink:

Seriously though, nice looking Path. I think you got a great deal and you're going to love the Pathfinder.

redscarlet

Postby redscarlet » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:31 pm

Homer J wrote:
I don't know. You'd think being a photography major, he would know how to center it in the frame. :wink:

Seriously though, nice looking Path. I think you got a great deal and you're going to love the Pathfinder.
hahaa :D I haven't put much thought into airbags for the rear, I will check into that. I don't plan on towing it a whole lot just for a few events. I knew with a double axle trailer + car + tools + tires + ect. it would be really close if not over tow capacity. Me personally I would rather have the trans cooler to be safe > sorry.
I was planning on saving up for a small 5" lift but I might put that on hold to check out the airbags.
Thank you

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”