The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
2011 pf speaker upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jag19651

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:35 pm    Post subject: 2011 pf speaker upgrade Reply with quote

Front dash tweeter is 4ohm and 2" , replaced with Alpine 4ohm speaker with custom mounting bracket ( use old tweeter as template ).
Front door speaker is 2ohm 6x9 , replaced with 2ohm jbl tri axle , easy fit , direct swap

Front dash tweeter and front door 6x9 are in parallel for total ohm of 1.33 ohms
Rear door is 2ohm 6 1/2 speaker , replaced with Kappa infinity ( cut old speaker out of factory bracket and fabricate to fit) works great or order an adapter
SOUNDS AWESOME! however I did add a 500 watt sub , tapping the signal off the rear door speaker wires behind the kick panel just before they go threw the rubber boot to the door
I used a speaker signal to low level converter with amp trigger for this and a 3 fared cap for the amp, next is a mediabridge 1502 for bluetooth and iphone connection
smj999smj

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a Bose system you're upgrading?
jag19651

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smj999smj wrote:
Is this a Bose system you're upgrading?

no they call it " mid level audio "

there is entry level wich is the same without steering controls and auto sound with speed ( gets louder with speed )

two levels higher , one bose with nav and one without
jag19651

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update,,,my system has the alpine tweaters in the dash,jbl 6x9 in the doors ( tweater and 6x9 in parrallek for a total of 2ohms) , 61/2 infinity rear door speakers and a 10 inch sub
I added an audio source lc7i sound processer to replace the cheap line level adapters
This made a HUGE sound improvement!
My Nissan mid audio system went from really crappy stock sound to high quality sound
I am so happy with my pathfinders stereo now!
That sound processer is like magic. Just saying
jag19651

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forget to mention that the front speakers are 4 ohm each in parallel hooked up to a cheap 60 dollar sound ordanence amp from crutchfield
Another amp (60 bucks ) for the rear doors
The sound is awesome
Sub is 500 w alpine on 12 sub. I spent the 30 bucks for the sub control which I custom installed into the dash using a blank plate that was factory installed ( probably for heated seats which I do not have
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: