I'm getting a bump/jump coming to a complete stop

The new gas engine 3.5L v6, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Triprock

I'm getting a bump/jump coming to a complete stop

Postby Triprock » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:26 am

My 2015 Platinum seems to be the ONLY one in the NYC area according to the Nissan service department with this problem, been there about 4 times for this issue but they can't figure it out and no other Pathfinder seems to be having this problem (of course! My luck!)
Since about 1,000 miles when I come to a complete stop EVERYTIME there's a slight jump/bump in the truck and the rpms are a little high until between 3-10 seconds until the engine calms down. Feels like if I let my foot off the brake the truck will take off (slightly not dangerously)
I don't think it's a transmission problem (although it could be) it seems to me that the stall converter (if there is one in the CVT) is staying locked up and not releasing. I say this because when I push the button on the shifter and turn off overdrive the problem mysteriously goes away COMPLETELY and the truck comes to a nice steady stop. RPMs drop in a slow steady controlled manner with no jump/bump.
The Nissan manager told me with a chuckle "just drive with overdrive turned off all the time"
$49,000 truck should not be doing this

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:37 am

new dealer. or call nissan.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:17 am

disallow wrote:new dealer. or call nissan.
This!
Also, be sure to save all documentation of dealer visits for this problem, you may need it later.
I'm not directly familiar with the R52s, but have you done internet searches for these symptoms?
Is it possible that this might be a normal (though maybe annoying) trait of the R52s?
Regardless, I'd call the manager up on the block for his chuckled comment.
Was $49K the base price? :?

Return to “R52 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”