Navigation/DVD Bypass switch

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

wuyiyi

Postby wuyiyi » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:44 am

I'm interested on this thread and will be keeping a close eye on some of the replies for my install.
How are you!I'm new!

Zen_master

Postby Zen_master » Thu May 02, 2013 7:40 pm

Any idea how to eliminate the stupid warning that comes on when you first start the vehicle? I am getting annoyed with having to push "OK" saying I agree not to use the Nav while driving.

dano99

Postby dano99 » Wed May 21, 2014 7:20 am

Thought I would give some info on doing this on a 2010 Pathfinder with the BOSE stereo without navigation.
The white connector as described on this thread is different for this model. For the 2010 BOSE and no nav it is connector M70 and the Light green Pin number is 107 and the green pin number is 106.
Had to find this in the service manual.
Just did the install and it works great.
Hope this helps someone out there. cheers.
Image[/img]

glassywater

Postby glassywater » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:44 am

Just bought a 2008 Pathfinder and wanted to be able to use the front LCD. This thread helped a lot, thank you. I wanted to note that for those without Navigation the wires were the same as the previous post in this thread. I found my pins to be 106 and 107 (PB and SS), too. The wires were the same color as the original poster.

Also, to remove the shifter, the chrome holder on the bottom should slide down to access the pin. Took about two hours. Once you undo the bolts to the AV/control unit, it helps to grab the back of the stereo to put the whole unit out.

Have a couple pictures, but not sure how to post.

zm830101

Postby zm830101 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:01 pm

Sorry to revive an old thread but I was hoping for a little more clarity. So I have an 08 Le v8. It's a non nav Bose system. I got it pulled apart tonight. Since it is a non nav, couldn't I just permanently ground the green wire (m70, terminal 106) and just disconnect the light green wire (m70, terminal 107)? Or are there some other functions that won't work when the bypass is flipped on? Basically, I want to just permanently bypass it and forgo the hassle of a switch. Plus, I'm a little OCD and a non oem matching switch would drive me INSANE lol

zm830101

Follow up

Postby zm830101 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:33 pm

So, I ended up doing as I described and it works flawlessly. I actually ended up de-pinning the connector as I felt this would be the cleanest method and would also allow me to put everything back to stock if necessary. By doing it this way there is no need for a switch and no cutting of the factory harness. Win win.

I pulled the light green pin (m70, pin 107) and placed a small rubber vacuum cap around the pin itself (to protect it from being crushed should I ever decide to return it to stock) and then taped it back on the harness. I then scrounged for an identical pin and a length of wire out of a scrap harness to use for the parking brake ground. I placed the new pin and ground wire into the vacated position of the green wire and pin ( m70, pin 106) in the connector and grounded it to the dash. I used the same vacuum cap and tape method to protect the factory pin and harness.

Success! Works flawlessly and no oddball switches to stick out like a sore thumb. You can turn on a DVD at any time while driving and watch it on both screens. We use the pathy for camping/ road trips. This feature made a recent 12 hr drive to Key West fly by! Especially for the wife riding shotgun!

Joybulb

Postby Joybulb » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:14 pm

Has anyone tried this with a 2013+ pathy?

Triprock

Postby Triprock » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:11 am

Joybulb wrote:Has anyone tried this with a 2013+ pathy?
Any luck so far on your quest? i'm looking to do my 2015 after successfully doing my 2007 a few years back.

Joybulb

Postby Joybulb » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:09 pm

No luck, I kinda gave up the search as it was starting to look a bit more complicated than I care to mess with

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”