Hmmm, what's this FedEx dropped off...

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

staynlean

Hmmm, what's this FedEx dropped off...

Postby staynlean » Fri May 29, 2015 8:25 pm

Aaaaaa, so nice! Can't wait for the tires and lift now. I currently have the puny 16's on my S model...

azaizai

Postby azaizai » Sat May 30, 2015 4:47 am

Nice! Congrats!

Did your wheels come with center caps? I havent found a color matched set for cheap yet and my wallet is afraid to go to Nissan.

Touchdown

Postby Touchdown » Sat May 30, 2015 9:47 am

Nice!
Man...I wish mine were gunmetal!

staynlean

Postby staynlean » Sat May 30, 2015 9:28 pm

yeah, i'm unsure what to do about the center caps now. Iv'e only briefly thought about it and was in a hurry today and forgot to look and see if my old ones are going to match, or if I need to order the darker, gunmetal color. Anybody know if the Frontrier wheels have a darker center cap? Here is a pic of the tires. Toyo ATII, P275/65/R18. I was originally going with the BFG 285/65/18 but they can't be found anymore and I do not like the newer KO2 version of them. So, my ultimate plan was to improve my ride quality so I am going wit hthe biggest P rated tire they offered. Also a little cheaper and they weigh substantially less than the LT tires so fuel economy will be a little better than what I projected.

dcommoncents

Postby dcommoncents » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:31 am

If you don't mind, where did you get them and how much did they set you back?

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:20 am

Here's a Frontier wheel w/center cap.

flat6symphony

Postby flat6symphony » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:03 am

Where did you order these wheels from?

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:18 pm

There are a number of places, other than the actual dealership, that sell OEM Wheels at reasonable prices.

http://www.allfactorywheels.com/product ... X-7.5.html

staynlean

Postby staynlean » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:01 pm

Yeah I took a closer look at the center caps a few days ago and called Nissan. They wanted $60ea for the new caps. I couldn't bring myself to pay that much for those simple little pieces that I took a new wheel and all my center caps to a body shop and had them painted to match. The little chrome Nissan logo pops out so it stays chrome (I wanted that for sure) so much cheaper as well this way.

I found the wheels from a thread a few years back on here under the General section if I remember. It had a link to an ebay sell and it was still good. Just ebay search Frontier wheel and it's like the third option to pop up.

They were $100ea (absolute bargain imo) bnib, but they are factory blems. I can't find anything visible on any of the 4 I bought on the front side, I do see some very minor scratches around the back lip but again, very minor.

I've been busy so no new pics yet, I switched tire choices again. No more all terrains... I will update in a week or so when I get time to work on things.

Just read the post above me again, I have the new wheels sitting at another house of mine I'm never at but if I remember from the packing slip that's where they came from. that sounds familiar. They shipped out of Nashville and were at my doorstep, well packaged in less than48 hours from the time I ordered them. But, I'm in Memphis so they did not have far to go... However, the seller did get them out of their doors quickly. I would recommend them.

azaizai

Postby azaizai » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:38 am

Ya, that was my post, found them on ebay but still havent found a cheap way to get matching center caps. I never really thought about painting them

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111361745574?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

staynlean

Postby staynlean » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:55 pm

Hey, thanks for the help then! I still have not got them mounted on the truck yet. I want everything done at once and with the lift being a little time consuming I'm gonna still be a few weeks away from having all this done.

In all honesty, you could probably get away without even painting the center caps at all. They are so small that it would only look abnormal to us basically. But yeah, I will post a pic of the ones I had painted, they match fine and look nice and clean again.

azaizai

Postby azaizai » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:27 pm

I'm definitely ok the way there are. I plan on blacking out the emblems and getting some of the plastics back to black. When all that happens I'd rather not having the bright shiny silver on the wheels and will properly address them then ;)

I do love those wheels though, you'll get a lot of complements

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”