exhaust leak @109k mi

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

doctahjones

exhaust leak @109k mi

Postby doctahjones » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:02 am

welp, i'm at ~109k mi and i now have an exhaust leak. haven't gotten under to look at it since i was on my way to work, but driving to the parking garage downtown i heard this "crinkle" kind of sound, then all the sudden my exhaust was MUCH louder.

having been through a couple of other exhaust leaks in other vehicles, i -think- i may be lucky and it might just be a weld from the magnaflow muffler. while the exhaust is louder, it doesn't sound -SUPER- loud as if it was on the manifold/header

on the plus side, my pathy -really- sounds like a cam'd v8 now, and sounds like it should be on a track :)

i'll check it out tonight, and report back.

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:43 pm

not the place i expected a crack....

really looks like the collar just snapped off the end. not sure that piece that broke is a part of the manifold/header, or just part of the connector. if anyone knows for sure please let me know.

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:29 am

looks like I may be trading in my pathy....very sad, sad day.

there's a smokin deal on a qx56 that i don't think i can pass up.

i mean i was already planning on trading the path for an armada (or qx if i could find an awesome deal) in a year or two anyway, but with this issue i'm going to be out -at least- $600 for parts and tools i want to buy, not counting if i have someone do it for me (recently threw out my back, don't want to eff up it's healing process).

so we'll see if the numbers line up tomorrow at 10am...

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”