The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
05 pathy transmission slip?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> Nissan Transmission FAIL
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeepguy07

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:06 am    Post subject: 05 pathy transmission slip? Reply with quote

I have an 05 pathfinder with about 56K on it. The issue I'm having with the trans is that occasionally it seems like its slipping or not engaging. It usually does it within 5 minutes of starting it, but it has done it other times as well. I'll go to pull out of the drive way and Ill press the accelerator and the engine revs and nothing happens for about half a second. It also does it when slowing almost to a stop and making a turn. It doesn't do it all of the time, but frequent enough to make me concerned. There are no lights on the dash indicating a problem. I'm kinda baffled as to what it might be. Does anybody have any idea what the problem might be? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
98 Jeep TJ (wrecked but running)
84 Chevy K20 (coast start only) Sad
70 CJ5 (in pieces)
eieio
Sponsored Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: 05 pathy transmission slip? Reply with quote

jeepguy07 wrote:
I have an 05 pathfinder with about 56K on it. The issue I'm having with the trans is that occasionally it seems like its slipping or not engaging. It usually does it within 5 minutes of starting it, but it has done it other times as well. I'll go to pull out of the drive way and Ill press the accelerator and the engine revs and nothing happens for about half a second. It also does it when slowing almost to a stop and making a turn. It doesn't do it all of the time, but frequent enough to make me concerned. There are no lights on the dash indicating a problem. I'm kinda baffled as to what it might be. Does anybody have any idea what the problem might be? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

are you aware of the transmission fluid contamination from coolant mixing, the result of the internal trans cooler in the radiator failing?

"I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"
jeepguy07

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. That's not the case with mine.
98 Jeep TJ (wrecked but running)
84 Chevy K20 (coast start only) Sad
70 CJ5 (in pieces)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> Nissan Transmission FAIL All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: