2005 PF AirBar Light

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

thetiger

2005 PF AirBar Light

Postby thetiger » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:33 am

Hello Everyone,

So I decided to change the stock stereo on my 2005 PF to an Alpine IVA-W205 with two head rest Tvs early this year. I was doing well until I decided to upgrade a little bit more. I installed a 10" Subwoffer with an 200 amp. Soon after that I got the blinking light for the air bag and it has not turn off ever since. I did stop at a dealership but I was told upfront about not being cover. I don't think is something big but we all know how dealers will find something and with the PF already in there I will have to pay, something I am trying to avoid. Any suggestions?

In case you are wondering, the sound is very nice with the upgrade. :lol: :lol:

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:56 pm

your sound system could be drawing to much power 8) i had the vdc light and air bag light stay on when my battery blew and sent acid on the terminal. it could also be just a bad fuse

thetiger

Postby thetiger » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:09 am

I am going to try to search for that. I will take it to an Autozone or Pep Boys, if is that may be their computer will pick it up otherwise I will have to go to the dealiship :cry:

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:54 pm

thetiger wrote:I am going to try to search for that. I will take it to an Autozone or Pep Boys, if is that may be their computer will pick it up otherwise I will have to go to the dealiship :cry:

hope you can have it fixed i had my stealer ship replace the whole terminal

thetiger

Postby thetiger » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:08 am

:shock: Hopefully is not that serious. As soon as I figured out I will let you know. :?

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:22 pm

k :lol:

thetiger

Postby thetiger » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:14 am

I took step one the other day...took her to PepBoys and after disconnecting the battery several times and tried reseting the computer manually.. :cry: nothing. The light came back every time, so off I go to the dealership hoping for the best. Who am I kidding? This is going to turn ugly. :( But at least I got a great sound out of it :lol:

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:28 pm

thetiger wrote:I took step one the other day...took her to PepBoys and after disconnecting the battery several times and tried reseting the computer manually.. :cry: nothing. The light came back every time, so off I go to the dealership hoping for the best. Who am I kidding? This is going to turn ugly. :( But at least I got a great sound out of it :lol:
i think its gunna be ugly :( hope fully its a bad sensor or something easy to fix

TheYuPath

Postby TheYuPath » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:54 pm

my path just had the same thing happen with the airbag light and vdc light. Took it to the dealership and they said it was the battery. I had to pay $40 to the new battery, that was it. Fixed.
What battery you runnin right now? You ought to just upgrade to an optima or exide orbital. See if that takes care of the problem. And if not, atleast you'll have a better battery for your electrical components

mtbpath

Postby mtbpath » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:19 pm

not sure when you upgraded your radio if you unplugged all the harnesses behind the stock unit to install your new stuff.
I believe by unplugging everything it triggers the airbag light to stay on.
this happened to me when I upgraded my entire stereo unit.
I thought it would be a simple unplug battery but that was not the case.
I took the car back to dealer and said please reset my airbag light. it was taken back during normal service. they reset it without any additional cost.

from what I know its a simple reset airbag light.
hope that helps. good luck.

thetiger

Postby thetiger » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:19 pm

I finally had it looked at and fixed.

I tryed disconnecting the battery and sure enought the VDC light came on but it turn off after driving it. Then a cousin asked me if I had disconnected all connections from the console when installing the stereo and since I did I figured I only needed a reset too. But after going to the dealer and asking for it they founded the problem was not that.
As it turns out one of the connectors on the passanger seat was bad. Since the SVU still under warranty then I did not had to pay anything and the light is no longer on my dashboard :lol: .

Thank you everyone for the suggestions and kind response. Lesson learn :P

Return to “General Automotive”