The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Cambodia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> Roaaad Trip!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NVSteve
Sponsored Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject: Cambodia Reply with quote

The original plan was to fly into Sydney, rent a campervan, then explore a bit more of the east coast of Australia. Since I invited my mother to join us & since she later informed me she was having problems with her knee, I scrapped the trip for a later date. Instead, I stumbled upon a great airfare to one of the places I have always wanted to see: Angkor Wat in Cambodia. And since the flight is routed through both Japan and Singapore, we opted to visit those countries as well. Flight was around $500 + $700 for all the taxes, airport fees, etc. Huge bargain for 3 countries (but a 36 hour commute Sad ). Of the 3 countries, Cambodia is the only one where "road trip" would apply. We did it the cheapest and most enjoyable way-by Tuk Tuk:

We were there 9 days and had the same driver the whole time. He couldn't speak any English, but he was very friendly & a bit older. Most people only spend a couple of days there, but when I started researching the place, I realized that it would be absolutely stupid not to stay at least a week. We flew into the town of Siem Reap and stayed there the whole time. The reason why we went is because of Angkor Wat, which is only one of many, many temples in the Angkor Temple Complex. The size of the temples is staggering, as is the huge area in which they reside. We left our hotel every morning around 7am and spent the entire day out exploring temples. If we got too hot or worn out, we'd come back to the hotel in the early afternoon for a swim, then head out to the temples again later in the afternoon. The entire place was mind blowing & we fully plan to make a return trip. I'm only going to post a few here. If you want to see more, I have quite a few on my flickr site:

Cambodia
https://www.flickr.com/photos/nvsteve/albums/72157652363115304

Singapore
https://www.flickr.com/photos/nvsteve/albums/72157653737459149

Japan
https://www.flickr.com/photos/nvsteve/albums/72157654220636698

SETI20

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks straight out of the Uncharted games. Spectacular!
Touchdown

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that's a road trip!!
Bilstein Front Adjustable Shocks w/HD OME Springs, PRG Long Travel UCA's, PRG Radflo 2.0 Rear Emulsion Shocks w/HD OME Rear Springs, 3" Body Lift, Custom Rear Bumper w/Tire Carrier, K&N Intake, Skid Row & Asfir Skid Plates, Airlift 1000, SS Brake Lines, Yellow Top Optima Battery, 17x9 KMC Wheels, 35" Tires, Lokka Front Locker, ARB Rear Air Locker, Aluminum Winch Bumper w/ ENGO Winch, Diff Breathers & EBC Yellowstuff Brake Pads
blink32
Sponsored Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I had been monitoring this sooner. Could have hooked you up with some insider info. I prefer to be in Cambodia during the rainy season like your trip. Fewer local and foreign tourists. Lived in Kampuchea for around a year but I was only able to get up to Siem Reap about three times.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> Roaaad Trip!!! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: