95 Nissan Pathfinder SE - Sway Bar End Link issue

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

jaialife

95 Nissan Pathfinder SE - Sway Bar End Link issue

Postby jaialife » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:33 pm

Hello All!!!

New to the forum and a proud new owner of a 1995 Nissan Pathfinder SE! Always wanted one and finally got a chance to own one. Gearing up to winterize the car and doing preventative updates. Car runs well and was lucky enough to find one with a great engine. Everything else are cosmetic in repairs. Bout 138k miles. Doing all the maintenance myself along with the help of my bros and learning along the way. Apologies if my tech talk is not accurate in description.

Updates:

Oil, liquids change
New ball joints - upper and lower
New CV Joints - old one was busted, boots torn, grease all over.
New window seals

Been having problems with;

Tie rod ends - Nut stoppers seem frozen on. I can't get them out. Anyone have any insights on whats the most efficient way to unscrew it? I sprayed those "freeze" off sprays and still not budging.

Sway bar end links - same deal, frozen in bolts. I can take off the top nut off but can't figure out how to actually extract the pin since its "frozen" in there. Did the same spray still not budging. ANY ONE GOT A SOLUTION FOR ANY OF THESE?

Thanks All!

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:40 am

As far as the tie rod nut, get a torch and get the nut cherry red and it should loosen up. Then you can spray it with rust penetrant and get the threads lubed up. As far as the sway bar link, it's kind of tough to recommend a plan of action without seeing it. If you can get a Sawzall in there and cut it out, that would be one way. You might need to torch it out, but rubber bushings will catch on fire, so be ready and prepare for the possibility of needing a fire extinguisher. Most of the time, I can blow out the fire with a blowgun on an airline.

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”