Front end from hell

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

MattYeomans101

Front end from hell

Postby MattYeomans101 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:30 pm

Hi everyone, NEW GUY. I did check and use the search bar before posting this :P

Okay so I've been trying to diagnose my wonky front end for YEARS!
sometimes it pulls left, mostly it pulls right, pulls right REALLY bad when I slam the brakes, been told this and that for ages but to no solution.

Here's what I've got: 1992 nissan pathinfinder with 4" Trailmaster SL, Calmini HD steering kit and HD torsion bars.

The idler arm has a bit of play in the bushing, so I sourced and found the bushing and replaced it. Still wonky. I thought maybe sway bar, but was told no. Tie rod ends don't seem bad.. ball joints I'm not sure how to check other than visual camber, it's not great but would it make it pull that much?
I know the alignment is off but it doesn't explain why it pulls BOTH ways whenever it chooses and even worse when the brakes are applied.
I know the wheels are balanced so its not that, tire pressure is same same, front discs aren't bent, and I've greased every nipple... Other than cutting the whole thing apart and doing a SAS I don't know what else to do.

Any help would be a HUGE HELP! Thanks fam.

Hermit

Postby Hermit » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:03 pm

I'd replace the ball joints, they can cause what you're describing, it did on mine, and it can't hurt anyway, especially if the boots are shot. Nothing to lose by doing them.

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”