Heater question

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

jasunderland

Heater question

Postby jasunderland » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:21 am

I have a 2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE with the V8. I seem to be having some trouble with my heater. It will work fine when I am moving, but as soon as I slowdown it blows out cold air. Start moving again, blows out super hot air, come to a stop sign, cool air again. I'm getting ready to take it in, but just wanted to seeif anyone had any ideas?[/list]

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:16 am

Coolant is low. Happens every now and then and I have no clue where it goes....but top it off and you'll be good. Fill through the overflow tank when engine is cold. The markings are on the side of the tank...very hard to read. I usually stick a light on top of the tank so I can see the fluid level and markings.

jasunderland

Postby jasunderland » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:28 am

skinny2 wrote:Coolant is low. Happens every now and then and I have no clue where it goes....but top it off and you'll be good. Fill through the overflow tank when engine is cold. The markings are on the side of the tank...very hard to read. I usually stick a light on top of the tank so I can see the fluid level and markings.
Any chance it is leaking into the transmission?

JP1548

Postby JP1548 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:50 pm

Possible, but not likely unless you are having transmission issues also. I was having the heating issue last month. I "burped" the lines, then refilled with coolant. Haven't had any issues since.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:00 pm

jasunderland wrote:Any chance it is leaking into the transmission?
I suppose there's a chance but for me it's unlikely as I have an updated radiator. I also do oil samples and there's no sign of coolant there. In my case it's disappearing very slowly. I've probably topped it off once a year and it doesn't take much to top off. The heater is very susceptible to low fuild.

Ariesg

Driver side vents no heat.

Postby Ariesg » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:20 pm

Sorry in advance if this is an old topic. I noticed tonight that cold air comes out of the driver's side and left center vent when I run the heater. The rest of the vents blow warm air appropriately. Just had oil change and fluids topped off. Air flow is directed to the appropriate vents when I toggle through the various modes. Any thoughts?

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:59 am

Sounds like it might be an issue with the auto climate control or sensors. Mine is a bit skittish but only on the temp settings. I pretty much run mine in manual mode because it's goofy as hell in auto sometimes. Make sure you've got the dual temp synch'd.

Ariesg

Postby Ariesg » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:36 am

Skinny2 - thanks for the response. I share your feelings about the auto climate controls and have only operated on manual. Switching back and forth to troubleshoot the problem does not seem to resolve the issue. Might have to break down and have the dealer have a look.

eldoce

Heater Issue

Postby eldoce » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:57 pm

I have an 08 v6 pathfinder and have the same issue. What was your resolution to the issue? I changed the thermostat, plugged in a codereader with no code generated. Added dye to the radiator with no findings.

Thank you.

Ariesg

Postby Ariesg » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:21 am

Jasunderland - really haven't had time to investigate this further. More of an annoyance than anything at this point (until it gets colder). Next free time I have, I was thinking of checking all the fuses. Not sure if there are separate fuses for climate control on driver or passenger side. Other than that, I have no good ideas. Will have the dealer check it out next oil change.

Return to “R51 General Chat”