The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
High pitched noise from steering

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R52 Suspension and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stormy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:31 am    Post subject: High pitched noise from steering Reply with quote

I own a 2014 pathfinder and love it with the exception of the high pitched noise from the steering. It is obnoxious to the point that I have to keep the radio on (and loud), as well as, the fan from my heat/air system. If I only have one on, I can still here the noise.

Please help.

Stormy
disallow
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its that annoying, I'd suggest a trip to your dealer. If its one of those things that comes and goes, I would mention it at your next oil change so they can have a look.

I have not heard of this issue from anyone else as yet, so probably not a common defect.

t

'05 Pathfinder SE Premium 4x4 - 315000kms (195000mi) - weekend warrior, Cortex Superchips on 87 Octane Tune, K&N filtercharger, Airlift 1000, Prodigy Brake controller, 7 pin trailer hookup, Prostart Remote Starter, Bilstein 4600 rear shocks, Cooper Discoverer ATw P265/70/16
Stormy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I have been to the dealer twice over the issue.

The first time I was told this is normal and it is a part of the electrical steering.

The 2nd time they agreed it was loud and I was told they would check into it and get back to me. I have yet to hear back...

I decided that maybe I needed to see just how normal this issue was...

Thanks for your feedback.

Stormy
volvite
Sponsored Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stormy wrote:
Actually I have been to the dealer twice over the issue.

The first time I was told this is normal and it is a part of the electrical steering.

The 2nd time they agreed it was loud and I was told they would check into it and get back to me. I have yet to hear back...

I decided that maybe I needed to see just how normal this issue was...

Thanks for your feedback.

Stormy

I'd go back to the dealer and drive a new 2014/2015 on the lot and see if it makes the same sound. If it does not than I would talk to the service manger and ask him why they said it was normal when vehicles on their lot don't make the same sound. If nothing comes of it I would be going above the service managers head to his boss until the situation is resolved. No point in having a warranty if they are not willing to fix issues.
What did you do to your Pathfinder thread:http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?p=71760#71760
Stormy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

volvite wrote:

I'd go back to the dealer and drive a new 2014/2015 on the lot and see if it makes the same sound. If it does not than I would talk to the service manger and ask him why they said it was normal when vehicles on their lot don't make the same sound. If nothing comes of it I would be going above the service managers head to his boss until the situation is resolved. No point in having a warranty if they are not willing to fix issues.

Thanks for the comments/suggestions. Still waiting to hear back from the Tech I spoke to on last week. He said he would investigate and get back with me... hmmm we will see.

Stormy
Grumpah

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this post on the NissanClub.com forum:

2013 ALTIMA - Nissan Admits Powering Steering Problem!
For those who are experiencing the high-pitch whine coming into the cabin, it is your newly designed power steering unit. Nissan knew of the high-pitch problem from its inception and that is why they used rubber mounting system to dissipate the high-pitch noise.

I have been working with Nissan corporate and they sent me to the local Nissan dealer. They bent the high pressure tubing to lesson the high-frequency pitch-in theory! Nissan knows it is a problem, this does not mean that Nissan will design a fix for it! So far corporate Nissan has been cordial, but we will see how long that lasts! Also, the new Pathfinder shares the same platform as the Altima and also shares the same power steering!

The full thread is located here: http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/2013-nissan-altima-discussion-2-5-3-5/333029-2013-altima-nissan-admits-powering-steering-problem.html.
volvite
Sponsored Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horrible that Nissan knows about the issue but still produced it anyway.
What did you do to your Pathfinder thread:http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?p=71760#71760
Grumpah

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

volvite wrote:
Horrible that Nissan knows about the issue but still produced it anyway.

It appears to be the same deal with the CVT. Mad
lapis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject: 2015 Pathfinder same issue Reply with quote

I have owned my pathfinder for a few weeks and have noticed the same whining issue. I pin pointed it to the power steering area today. Have any of you found any solutions?
Grumpah

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. Take it to the dealer and they will say it is normal.
lapis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:06 am    Post subject: dealer Reply with quote

Is it worth taking to the dealer? If they say its normal. I live an hour from the dealer. I would hate to make the trip if there is nothing they can do.
Grumpah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not. Depends on how much it annoys you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R52 Suspension and steering All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: