Wheel & tyre set compatibility?

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

SoloVoyager

Wheel & tyre set compatibility?

Postby SoloVoyager » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:59 pm

Hi all,

Is this wheel and tyre set compatible for my 2007 Pathy?

7Jx16.0 ALCAR LK 6/114.3 ET 30.

Nokian Hakkapeliitta 5 SUV 255/65 R17.

I'm just wondering because my manual says I have "17x7JJ".

If anyone can clarify, I'd be very appreciative.

Cheers in advance,
SV

SoloVoyager

Postby SoloVoyager » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:22 pm

Snow will be here soon, and I need to make an online order for studded tyres (the Nokian Hakapeliittas), but can't until I know definitively about the wheels' compatibility, so I'm scratching my head.

I've looked at tables online, and Googled for help, but find it difficult to read some of the jargon.

Anybody?

SETI20

Postby SETI20 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:02 pm

Those tires are a little on the narrow side, and will throw off the ratio. You're looking for 265/65 as a stock size.
And those rims look to be mismatched to the tires you posted. 16" rims vs 17" tires. If I understand you correctly.

labsy

Postby labsy » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:58 am

From your readings, you have 17x7JJ rims, which are one of Nissan OE fit.

Regarding certified compatibility, which will 100% pass yearly inspection, is only what states there in your homologation sheet, nothing else - at least here in Europe. so stick with what writes there, dimensions are listed and you are inspection-wide certified.

the other story is what fits and what you can put on, disregarding homologation and inspection rules. I have 265/70-R17 Goodyear Duratracs without lift and they fit perfectly. The only limit in my case is top speed, where I do not go over 160 km/h (100 mph).
but to have those tires certified, you need to match WHEEL/RIM with TIRE with exact VEHICLE model, all those on the same certification document. So in my case I've got certified document from WHEEL/RIM manufacturer, which states that 265/70-R17 tire can fit on my Pathfinder R51 model. And I put those (non-OEM) wheels on just for certification, they took some photos, put "APPROVED" stamp on it and added the tire dimension onto homologation sheet.
Then I returned the proper wheels and put back my OEM ones, since I did not have $$$ to buy those wheels :roll:

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”