Rear Chrome piece above lic plate, decals

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

nelson0639

Rear Chrome piece above lic plate, decals

Postby nelson0639 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:36 am

I'm sure there is a thread on here someplace, but does anyone know how to get the "chrome" plastic piece off above the license plate, also any suggestions on getting the PATHFINDER and SE letters off? do you need a 3m eraser wheel for the adhesive? wondering because I am planning to plasti dip this weekend, also on that any other pieces of advice I've read 1st coat super light, then stack it up for the other 4-5. thanks guys, had the truck a month and Loving it! :D

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: Rear Chrome piece above lic plate, decals

Postby eieio » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:30 pm

nelson0639 wrote:I'm sure there is a thread on here someplace, but does anyone know how to get the "chrome" plastic piece off above the license plate
from inside the rear hatch door
you have to remove the plastic rear door inner panel first
nelson0639 wrote:also any suggestions on getting the PATHFINDER and SE letters off?
warm them up with a hair dryer - gently warm, not hot
draw a piece of fishing line behind them, and gently use the line to slice through the adhesive tape that holds them on
you can use a "sawing" motion
the adhesive can be removed with any commercial adhesive remover that is safe for paint
check with a body shop
i've used WD40 and "Goof Off"
whatever you use, test it on an un-visible area first to be sure the paint isn't affected
wash area thououghly afterwards with car wash soap, and wax the area when dry
nelson0639 wrote: do you need a 3m eraser wheel for the adhesive? wondering because I am planning to plasti dip this weekend, also on that any other pieces of advice I've read 1st coat super light, then stack it up for the other 4-5. thanks guys, had the truck a month and Loving it! :D
i've never used one, but I don't think they're intended for adhesive removal

Return to “R51 General Chat”