Seat Belt Receiver Replacement?

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

linarema

Seat Belt Receiver Replacement?

Postby linarema » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:17 am

Hello, my driver side seat belt receiver wont catch. Takes several attempts and lots of jiggling and eventually (after I go all Fred Flintstone on it) it holds. It has on at least two occasions released while I'm driving. What can I do? Is it simple enough that I can replace it myself or is it a dealer requirement for safety reasons?

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: Seat Belt Receiver Replacement?

Postby eieio » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:43 am

linarema wrote:Hello, my driver side seat belt receiver wont catch. Takes several attempts and lots of jiggling and eventually (after I go all Fred Flintstone on it) it holds. It has on at least two occasions released while I'm driving. What can I do? Is it simple enough that I can replace it myself or is it a dealer requirement for safety reasons?
seatbelts have a 10 year warranty from original date of sale (for defects)
it may not be a defect though
i'd thoroughly clean & inspect it for dirt, debris
replacement should be straightforward
be sure to torque fasteners properly, and use thread lock if specified in the manual

Gottcha86

Postby Gottcha86 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:29 am

The part cost 30 bucks from nissan and takes all of 20 minutes to install. I have a 2006 pathfinder and the warenty was almost up when mine went out.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:45 am

Gottcha86 wrote:The part cost 30 bucks from nissan and takes all of 20 minutes to install. I have a 2006 pathfinder and the warenty was almost up when mine went out.
the warranty on your seatbelt expires 10 years from the original date of purchase of the truck
being a 2006 year model, it may STILL be covered :shock:
if it was a defect that caused its failure, you probably could have had it replaced at no charge for parts and labor

linarema

Postby linarema » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:15 pm

Thanks! Going to try the cleaning route first but if that doesn't work, I'll replace it. I might try the warranty angle though. I think I'm just a hair under 10 years.

DiBo

Postby DiBo » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:05 pm

had the same problem and bought a seatbelt extension from eBay for $15. seat belt works just fine now and is way easier to get on and off because of the extension.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4 ... SX425_.jpg

linarema

Postby linarema » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:52 pm

So took the Pathy in to the dealer by my office today. It was simpler than expected. Needed lubrication - good as new. Whodathunkit?!

BullDozer

Postby BullDozer » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:30 pm

Mine is doind same thing. So just some wd-40? This has happened in other cars i have owned. I thought might need to bend the metal (male end)

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”